Women’s Day: Shah Rukh Khan pledges to name actresses before him in credits
Panchagani: Superstar Shah Rukh Khan has taken a pledge on the occasion of International Women`s Day and says henceforth in all his films, the leading actress` name would appear before his in the credits. He is starting it with ‘Chennai Express’.
"I would request to all those who I am working with, starting with `Chennai Express` (to do it). I don`t know whether this is going to bring a change but the point needs to be raised," said SRK who has teamed up with Deepika Padukone in director Rohit Shetty`s ‘Chennai Express’.
"With the mark of 100 years of Indian cinema and Women`s Day coming up, it would be a nice combination. In `Chennai Express`, Deepika Padukone`s name will appear first," he added.
When asked what was Deepika`s reaction to be the first actresses to have her name before the lead actor in the credit, he said: "She was not jumping on the roof top. She said, `It`s great, but I hope even others start following this.`"
The atrocities against women is on the rise in the country and this Women`s Day TATA Tea`s "Jaago Re" campaign has started a new initiative - Women First - with Shah Rukh.
The superstar unveiled the ad, directed by R. Balki, here Wednesday and interacted with media and shared his views on women. The ad will be launched on Women`s Day.
SRK stressed upon the fact that "women`s position in every field needs to be respected".
"Right from my mom to all the actresses I work with are the most important women in my life," he added.
The actor, who has been part of filmdom for 20 years and worked with female directors - Hema Malini in ‘Dil Aashna Hai’ and Farha Khan in ‘Main Hoon Na’ and ‘Om Shanti Om’, assured he would try to collaborate with more women directors in the future.
"I will not make women centric films just for the heck of it. In all my films, I`d assure all my actresses get enough importance for their roles. I would like to work with many more women directors."
On the International Women`s Day, the First Lady of the US, Michelle Obama, will honour 10 most courageous women in the world . India`s Nirbhaya, who was brutally gangraped and later died from injuries, has been chosen for the honour.
Commenting to the news, SRK said: "It is good that they are honouring her, but I don`t want anybody to die to get this honour. In fact, I want women to get award for their achievements. We should respect her, love her and remember her."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Runway Bridal to return with fourth edition in September
- Mr World 2016 Rohit Khandelwal says it is easier for models to enter Bollywood!
- Sonakshi Sinha does not have aptitude to join politics!- READ
- Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput fulfil grandmother Neelima Azeem's wish!
- Veteran writer Salim Khan hails Bombay HC judgement on Haji Ali
- 'Bigg Boss 10' promo out, Salman Khan turns astronaut for reality show!- WATCH
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!
- Remember Parul Chauhan aka Ragini from 'Bidaai'? Her latest pictures will make your jaw drop!
- We need more disabled people working in TV: RJ Mitte
- ‘Bigg Boss 10’ promo: Will Salman Khan be seen in it? Scoop inside