Would love to get married: Mona Singh
New Delhi: Actress Mona Singh, who has kept mum about her relationship with `Force` actor Vidyut Jamwal, says she would love to get married but is not planning the D-day yet.
The ‘Jassi Jaisi Kaisi Koi Nahi’ star met Jamwal through common friends over a year ago and the duo have been inseparable since.
‘Marriage is an institution I have complete faith in. I see my mom and dad everyday so much in love... I would love to get married but right now I haven`t decided when. These things just happen and I would love to be surprised," Mona told PTI.
Though the 32-year-old has no experience of marriage in real life, she does play a divorcee mother in her TV serial ‘Kya Hua Tera Vada’.
The show, which will complete a year in January 2013, is taking a 10 year leap and will see Mona play a "modern day mother" to two grown up kids. The actress says she is waiting to see how audience will react to the new plot.
"We are taking a 10 year leap, so I am nervous and excited. I am waiting to see how my friends and family react. I play a mother of grown up kids and it is a challenge when I am not even married. As an actor it gives me a high to explore myself," she added.
Mona also says she does not mind playing a 37/38 year old woman on-screen.
"When I started the show Ekta (producer) told me I will be 27/28 so now with a 10 year leap I play 37/38, which is not that old... I don`t have to dye my hair grey and act old. I play a very cool and fashionable mom," Mona said.
Besides small screen, the actress has tried her hand at films as well with a supporting role in Aamir Khan starrer ‘3 Idiots’.
Ask her why she hasn`t done a movie in a long time she says, "After `3 Idiots` all I was being offered was to play similar kind of role, but I can`t play pregnant in every movie it is just stupid. So I didn`t take up any movie."
Mona also said she won`t quit TV for movies as she can balance the two.
"I want to do movies but I won`t quit TV for that. Small screen is where I started, I can never leave it and moreover I can balance both," she said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao' Ranveer Singh's dialogue in Amitabh Bachchan's voice? Watch video
- See: Cool Varun Dhawan, 'pouty' Kriti Sanon in new 'Dilwale' poster!
- Thanksgiving Day special: Here’s how it is celebrated
- Watch: Ranbir, Deepika in 'Safarnama' song from 'Tamasha'!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Bigg Boss, Day 45: Kanwaljeet’s ‘racist’ comment irks Priya; inmates celebrate Rochelle’s birthday!
- Bigg Boss: Keith Sequeira makes a comeback
- Bigg Boss: Priya Malik accuses Kanwaljeet Singh of racism
- Kevin Bacon to reprise his 'Tremors' role for TV reboot
- Salman Khan-Shah Rukh Khan to share ‘Bigg Boss’ stage