Wrong portrayal of saas on TV: Prachee Pathak
New Delhi: TV actress Prachee Pathak, who is part of saas-bahu saga `Aakhir Bahu Bhi Toh Beti Hee Hai`, says that the portrayal of mother-in-laws on Indian television is wrong.
"What has been shown on TV till now is wrong. My character in `Aakhir...` is not a negative character. It is not like the mother-in-law will do something wrong with her daughter-in-law on the show. She will be good to her as well," Prachee said in a telephonic interview.
"On other TV shows, the mother-in-law is shown to be negative. Here, she is not negative. She is strict and disciplined," she added.
Away from the typical vamps of television, this show will have villainous situations and not people.
"The situation will be the villain of the show...there will be no character which will ruin the bahu`s life. Audience will be able to relate to this," she said.
The actress, who was also seen in `Afsar Bitiya` says that Indian television is trying to move away from saas-bahu sagas, but also admitted that these work the best on TV.
"They are trying to be different. `Bade Acche Lagte Hain` type of shows are coming. I did `Afsar Bitiya`, that was not a saas-bahu serial at all. So TV is trying to move away from saas-bahu sagas and I hope that it succeeds," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- TV actors don't have luxury to choose quality stuff: Ashmit Patel
- Priyanka Chopra found it 'weird' to audition for 'Quantico'
- 'Dance+' season two: 14-year-old Tanay Malhara takes home the trophy
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside
- 'Pretty Little Liars' creator teases fans with finale spoilers