'Yeh Hai Mohabbatein', 'Mahabharat' win big at TV awards
Mumbai: New shows `Yeh Hai Mohabbatein` and `Mahabharat` were big winners at a leading channels awards night, bagging six and four awards respectively.
Ekta Kapoor`s six-month-old show `Yeh Hai Mohabbatein`, a love story of a Tamilian girl and Punjabi boy, won the award in the favourite `naya sadasya` female and male category for Divyanka Tripathy and Karan Patel. The two also received the `favourite jodi` (national and international) awards.
`Yeh Hai Mohabbatein` received the favourite family award, which was handed to them by actress Parineeti Chopra.
The event saw a performance from children from Shiamak Davar`s Victory arts Foundation who paid tribute to Aamir Khan`s show `Satyameva Jayate`.
The 49-year-old actor was honoured for his contribution to social causes but since he does not accept awards, he was instead given a packet of sweets.
"This show is very important for our society. But it is not just me. It is my team who does all the work, director Satyajit Bhatkal and co-director Swati Chakraborty. Thank you Star for giving me the opportunity to do this show. I feel very happy when I see so many changes in th society and in people`s life because of this show," Aamir said.
Mythological TV series `Mahabharat`, which has become a big TRP churner for the channel, won four awards including favourite `naya sadasya` (Shaheer Sheikh as Arjun), `nayi soch` award for (Saurabh Raj Jain as Krishna), `saathi nayi soch ka` award (Aham Sharma as Karna) and best `kutumb`.
`Pyar Ka Dard Hain` fame actor Nakul Mehta, the main host of the event, made an action-packed entry as he descended on the stage in a mini aircraft. The evening`s first performance was by Nakul, who donned the magician`s role and introduced the leading ladies of various shows through magic tricks. He was joined by his co-host comedian Bharti, who arrived in a box accompanied by seven dwarfs.
Bharti kept the audiences entertained throughout with her comedic antics, which also left Aamir and his director-wife Kiran Rao in splits. Bollywood actor Shreyas Talpade bagged the best host honour along with Sunil Grover for Big Star Entertainment Awards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mahira Khan looks stunning in THIS white outfit!
- THIS 'Bigg Boss 10' commoner contestant bags a Bollywood film?
- Kangana Ranaut says Mumbai relatively safer
- Kamal Haasan slams PETA over jallikattu, asks it to ban 'bull riding rodeos' in Trump's US
- Bollywood celebs saddened by Hirakhand Express tragedy
- When Sunny Leone played mother to Salman Khan – Shah Rukh Khan!
- Nepal's Teriya Magar wins 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa', says 'dance is my true love'
- Bigg Boss 10: Nitibha Kaul has an interesting message for all Manveer Gurjar fans – Watch
- Priyanka Chopra thanks 'Quantico' team for People's Choice Award!
- Sunny Leone does a 'Laila' with Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan on 'Bigg Boss 10'! Pic proof