Zee TV’s popular show `Antakshri` all set to make a comeback on small screen
Mumbai: Sarfaraz Khan, son of veteran actor Kader Khan, is all set to bring back the 1990`s hit music show ‘Antakshri’ on the small screen. But the new version is only for NRIs and, therefore, a hunt is on for a host who can step into Annu Kapoor`s shoes.
From 1994 to 2005, Annu Kapoor successfully hosted ‘Antakshri’ on Zee TV -- first with Pallavi Joshi and later with Rajeshwari Sachdev.
"We are coming back with `Antakshri` on Zee International. It won`t be aired in India... It will be broadcast in over 160 countries. It will also be the first show to be made exclusively for Indians settled abroad," Sarfaraz, who is producing it, told IANS.
Sarfaraz feels that "Anu Kapoor is a super performer and host and nobody can replace him. So we are looking for someone who can fit the bill. We have shortlisted few names like Manish Paul and Javed Jaffry, among others, and we will make an official announcement soon. The show will go on air in January 2013."
To be shot here, the show may be broadcast on Zee TV too for Indian audiences.
"Looking at the response to this show, we shall start it on Zee TV as well," said Sarfaraz.
"I am producing the show. Me and my team will be visiting Sydney, Oakland, New York, San Francisco, Vancouver, Toronto, London, Kuwait and Fiji. We will get the contestants from various countries to Mumbai and shoot it here."
As far as his acting assignments go, in ‘Tere Naam’ Sarfaraz featured as Aslam who supports Salman Khan`s character.
He has also played supporting roles in ‘Maine Dil Tujhko Diya’, ‘Wanted’, and ‘Milenge Milenge’, among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mamata Banerjee pays homage to 'Mahanayak' Uttam Kumar
- Want to make your loved one's birthday special? Watch how to make handmade cards!
- Sidharth Malhotra, Katrina Kaif look super HOT in new 'Kala Chashma' stills! You will 'Baar Baar Dekho' it
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', crosses Rs 40 cr mark on opening day!
- TV hottie Nia Sharma lets her hair down in Dubai – See pics
- ‘Angel’ Taher Shah upset with Varun Dhawan, denies right to use song?
- Know what Kapil Sharma’s team did the moment ‘bua’ Upasana Singh quit ‘Comedy Nights Live’
- Neha Marda’s latest romantic Instagram lomotif post will give you relationship goals
- The Kapil Sharma Show: 'Happy Bhag Jayegi' launches TRAILER amid fun and laughter!