Ranbir, Vidya win top IIFA honours
Singapore: Bollywood heartthrob Ranbir Kapoor and actress Vidya Balan walked away with top honours for their films ‘Rockstar’ and ‘The Dirty Picture’ respectively at the 13th International Indian Film Academy awards (IIFA) here Saturday.
The IIFA awards were given at a glittering ceremony in Singapore Indoor Stadium.
Ranbir, who played the role of an aspiring singer who aims to make it big, beat actors like Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan and Hrithik Roshan, to walk away with the trophy of best actor in a leading role.
On the other hand, actress Vidya Balan also continued her winning streak by picking up the award for best actress in a leading role for ‘The Dirty Picture’. She emerged victorious among Priyanka Chopra, Kareena Kapoor, Mahie Gill and Kangna Ranaut.
Zoya Akhtar`s ‘Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara’ won the best film and the best director award.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brad Pitt child abuse case: Investigation extends due to new accusation
- Awwdorable: Kushal Tandon, Gauahar Khan's Twitter conversation is too cute to miss
- Arjun Bijlani's 'Pardes Mein Hai Mera Dil' shoot stalled by Shah Rukh Khan fans
- Looking forward to bring 'Battle for Bittora' on screen, says Sonam Kapoor
- Deepika Padukone's 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage' to have India premiere ahead of its release