Rekha to be felicitated at IIFA
New Delhi: Bollywood diva Rekha will be honoured for her achievements in Indian cinema at the 13th International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards to be held in Singapore next month.
"I am extremely humbled to be appreciated and considered for my contributions to the film fraternity. It has been a long journey and hopefully my passion and love for cinema will continue to reach out to all my fans. I am especially happy to be honoured at a time when the industry celebrates a centenary of Indian films," Rekha said in a statement.
Daughter of South Indian film stars Gemini Ganesan and Pushpavalli, Rekha made her acting debut with Hindi film ‘Sawan Bhadon’ in 1970, which was followed by a string of hits like ‘Namak Haram’, ‘Muqaddar Ka Sikandar’, ‘Khubsoorat’, ‘Silsila’ and ‘Umrao Jaan’.
Recenlty she was sworn-in as a Rajya Sabha member.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oops! Kapil Sharma's show to clash with Krushna Abhishek's 'Comedy Nights Live'?
- Sanam Re movie review: Amateurish romantic mishmash
- See in pic: Mahesh Bhatt shares sneak peak from 'Raaz 4'!
- 'Thor' Chris Hemsworth's crazy visit to India with wife Elsa Pataky! – See pics
- Dia Mirza hails Sonam Kapoor's 'Neerja'!