IIFA 2014: Mehra proud of 10 nominations for `Bhaag...`
Mumbai: Filmmaker Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, whose film ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’ has got 10 nominations for the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards, feels proud that the movie is being talked about on such a forum.
"When your film is being talked about on an international platform and in the presence of some big names from Hollywood and the Hindi film industry, it`s a moment of pride. I am extremely happy," Mehra said.
The IIFA weekend and awards is being held in Tampa Bay, Florida April 23-26 this year. Mehra`s ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’ has already been announced the winner in nine technical categories.
Asked whether Hollywood actors are as charged about Hindi cinema as Indian actors are about Hollywood, he said: ""Cinema is cinema. I don`t think there is any obsession from either industries. If they have roles and scripts for our actors and if we have scripts for them, it`s a welcome change."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations
- Ironic twist to Raees promotion, man who died in Vadodara commotion wasn’t there to see Shah Rukh Khan
- Jallikattu issue: No law is infallible, says Kamal Haasan
- Priyanka Chopra says she misses speaking in Hindi – WATCH ‘Live with Kelly’ teasers
- Shah Rukh Khan says prayers are with family of man who died in Vadodara commotion during 'Raees' promotion