John Travolta to get special honour at IIFA
Mumbai: Hollywood star John Travolta will receive a special honour at the upcoming International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards to be held in the US.
The two-time Golden Globe winner will attend the 15th IIFA awards, which will be held from April 23 to 26 in Tampa Bay, Florida.
Travolta, 60, will receive the `Most Popular All time International star in India` at the awards ceremony.
An iconic name in Hollywood, Travolta has seen staggering success as an actor, singer and dancer.
He has starred in several blockbusters films `Saturday Night Fever`, `Pulp Fiction`, `Grease`, `Swordfish`, `Face Off`, `Broken Arrow` and `Ladder 49`.
He has been nominated for the Academy-award twice and nominated for seven Golden Globes. He went on to win two Golden Globes including one for his performance in the critically acclaimed film `Get Shorty`.
Travolta will grace the extravaganza (IIFA awards) extending his support and appreciation of the Indian Film Industry and its spectacular influence world over, a release stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth to essay 5 characters, Akshay Kumar to portray 12 avatars in '2.0'?
- Why Katappa killed Baahubali? Sathyaraj answers the question! - Watch
- Sushmita Sen grooving to Ed Sheeran's 'Shape Of You' is the coolest thing you will WATCH today!
- Ranbir Kapoor thanks Gauri Khan for making his 'first home' more special, pens heartfelt message!
- Kapil Sharma to be warned by Air India for unruly behaviour?