Kareena, Deepika not keen to host award shows
Tampa Bay: Kareena Kapoor Khan enjoys watching her actor-husband Saif Ali Khan host awards shows but she has no plans to exchange places with him as the actress feels it is not her cup of tea.
Saif hosted the IIFA technical awards last night and has been a hit as an emcee earlier too. Kareena believes his success as host has a lot to do with his natural sense of humour.
"Saif has hosted a lot of award shows and he does a good job of entertaining everyone. He has a natural sense of humour. Whereas, I don`t like hosting and I don`t think I can do it. I like dancing... It is something I enjoy doing," Kareena said while walking the green carpet of IIFA Rocks last night.
Of all the films that released last year, Kareena Kapoor liked `Bhaag Milkha Bhaag` the most and she would be rooting for the film at the awards tonight. The Farhan Akhtar starrer is leading with 10 nominations at IIFA.
Another actress, who finds hosting difficult, is Saif`s `Love Aaj Kal` co-star Deepika Padukone.
"I will never host... I don`t think I can. I have stage fear. I will have to rehearse a lot. It takes a lot and I am usually nervous on stage. I love dancing and I am happy doing that," Deepika said.
The actress is nervous about her performance tonight at the main award show.
Deepika is widely expected to walk away with the leading actress IIFA trophy as she dominates the list by getting nominated thrice for her roles in `Chennai Express`, `Ramleela` and `Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani`.
Her competitors include Nimrat Kaur `The Lunchbox`, Shraddha Kapoor `Aashiqui 2` and Sonakshi Sinha for `Lootera`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Asha Bhosle donates Rs 25k to ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Lil Champs’ contestants
- Anushka Sharma – Diljit Dosanjh starrer ‘Phillauri’ keeps ‘spirits’ high, earns moderately at Box Office
- Pratyusha Banerjee short film: Kamya Punjabi hits back at Rahul Raj Singh, says no one can scare me!
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ March 29 Update: Dadi makes Abhi realise that he has fallen in love with Pragya