French artistes tour Rajasthan
Bundi: A group of 35 artistes from France are on a two-month visit to India, performing street shows with an aim to generate awareness about freedom of women and women empowerment issues.
The group consisting of 20 women and four child artistes is in the country to spread awareness about these issues through their street plays ahead of Women`s day on March 8.
The artistes performed a short play `A Very French Wedding` in Naval Sagar area of the city which highlighted the freedom of woman in selecting her spouse. The group is scheduled to stay in Bundi for next two days and will leave India at the end of this month.
They have already performed in Udaipur last month and their next stop would be Swaimadhopur and Ranthambore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- International Women`s Day: Women need to change their traditional role: Eva Longoria
- Sharmila Tagore on commodification of women
- International Women's Day: Women in Bollywood don`t get due credit: Shah Rukh Khan
- International Women's day: Women should stop feeling guilty, urges Nandita Das
- International Women’s Day: Bollywood tweets ‘Happy Women’s Day!’