I owe my success to my mother: Neetu Chandra
Chennai: Actress Neetu Chandra says had it not been for her mother, life would have been tougher for her. She owes her success to her mother, and therefore, wants to pamper her on Women`s Day Friday.
"I owe my success to my mother, without her the world would shut down on me. I`m planning to pamper her and some of girl friends on this day. I think it takes a lot to be a woman and we are the backbone of our families, workplace and society," Neetu told reporters.
Do you believe in Women`s Day?
"It`s great that we have a day earmarked to celebrate womanhood, but at the same time I feel we should celebrate womanhood throughout the year. Women have come a long way in our country, and today parents are as proud of their daughters," she added.
Neetu is currently basking in the appreciation for her role in Tamil action-thriller ‘Aadhi-Bhagawan’. For the first time in her career, she essayed a role with a negative shade.
She is also waiting for the release of upcoming Tamil comedy ‘Settai’, in which she has grooved to a promotional song.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- HC seeks filmmaker's response on Kashmir documentary screening
- Bharatiya Kautilya Sena burns effigy of Salman Khan
- Black buck case: HC allows Salman Khan's plea to summon witnesses for reexamination
- Revealed: Ex-couple Ranbir- Deepika go candid in `Tamasha` first still
- Joe Jackson recovering after three heart attacks
- International Women`s Day: Women need to change their traditional role: Eva Longoria
- Sharmila Tagore on commodification of women
- International Women's Day: Women in Bollywood don`t get due credit: Shah Rukh Khan
- International Women's day: Women should stop feeling guilty, urges Nandita Das
- International Women’s Day: Bollywood tweets ‘Happy Women’s Day!’