Women’s Day 2013: Shah Rukh Khan joins Women First new `Jaago Re` campaign
Panchgani: Over the years, TATA Tea`s `Jaago Re` campaign has crusaded against non-voting and corruption. Its new initiative is Women First, aimed at changing the attitude towards women, with Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan supporting it by featuring in an ad - and taking a pledge.
The ad, shot by filmmaker R. Balki, will go on air Friday on International Women`s Day.
Shah Rukh announced his association with the campaign at an event here Wednesday.
"In the wake of increasing crimes against women across the country, one can only expect that such support from noted names goes a long way in driving home a positive message, and brings change in the society," a TATA Tea statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer 'Manto' a very big project for me: Nandita Das
- Motherhood teaches you priorities in life: Farah Khan
- Chetan Bhagat shares a trivia about Shraddha Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor's 'Half Girlfriend'
- Working with Amitabh Bachchan was always on my wish list: Esha Gupta
- 'Dangal' director's next film with Sajid Nadiadwala