Lakmé Fashion Week announces designers for Winter/Festive 2010
Mumbai: Lakmé Fashion Week (LFW), India`s premier fashion trade event and pioneer platform in promoting business of fashion announced 74 designers and 12 sponsors today for LFW Winter / Festive 2010 at Grand Hyatt, Mumbai. Last season, LFW moved towards customizing the fashion week platform to the Indian market and introduced `Resort`. This season the platform continues in this vein by providing an opportunity to showcase Winter/Festive collections.
Defining the future of fashion, Lakmé Fashion Week this season innovates further to offer some commendable highlights:
• With the Gen Next program completing 5 years, LFW will showcase a special "Gen Next 5 Year Show" celebrating the spirit of `Defining the Future of Fashion`. The show will see designer alumni of Gen Next like Aneeth Arora, Anuj Sharma, Kallol Datta, Kunal Rawal, Nachiket Barve, Nitin Bal Chauhan, Rahul Mishra, Rimzim Dadu, Sailex Ngairangbam and Swapnil Shinde showcase together.
• *This season will celebrate the presence of renowned designers like Manish Arora and Ritu Kumar for the first time on the LFW runway. Returning LFW patrons such as Anita Dongre, Anand Kabra, Anupama Dayal, Krishna Mehta, Little Shilpa, Manish Malhotra , Neeta Lulla, Raakesh Agarvwal, Satya Paul and Troy Costa round out the 74 designers participating this season.
• An offsite show by Narendra Kumar at Tote is a new addition to LFW`s array of innovative displays. The show, that marks Tote`s Anniversary on September 16th, will embrace a higher sense of fine aesthetics and bring alive varied expressions of the collection whilst breaking away from routine of the ramp.
• Celebrated designer Malini Ramani will present the `Lakmé Grand Finale `with a new theme "Gypsy Collection" dedicated to the `Gypsy`, who draws together experiences from her travels through meandering routes of the world at large.
Taking the prestigious event ahead and making it even more enterprising is LFW`s strong line-up of like-minded and committed partners:
• Joining the LFW family as an Associate Sponsor is India`s leading Mobile Services provider, Aircel.
The brand plans to deepen its engagement with its consumers at Lakmé Fashion Week by taking fashion to the first screen of Indian consumers which is the Mobile phone.
• For the first time, LFW welcomes India`s leading fashion trade portal - Fashion and You, as its
official online Retail Partner to further the business of fashion using E-Commerce. The unique collaboration will enable LFW to facilitate trade for budding Gen Next and Emerging designers through a special "Launch My Line" space created on the portal in addition to targeted sales events which will promote all LFW designers.
• Alongside supporters like ŠkodaAuto, Philips, Killer Jeans, DHL, iNIFD, Kingfisher, TresMode and Stylekandy while Hotel Grand Hyatt, Mumbai remains the official venue and hospitality partner.
With Winter/Festive 2010, Lakmé Fashion Week further continues the strategic shift and increases its focus on the current season requirements, promoting business of fashion in the country. As fashion trade and the customer base is veritably growing big in India, this season promises to showcase exuberant trends specially catering to the discerning festive buyer, while addressing the fashion requirements of the fraternity.