Designers Kallol Datta, Aneeth Arora short-listed for Berlin week
Mumbai: It was a big day for designers Kallo Datta and Aneeth Arora as they were short-listed by IMG, organisers of the Lakme Fashion Week (LFW), to represent India with their lines at the Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Autumn/Winter 2012 in Berlin in January.
The organisers shortlisted the two from a handful of apt designers, as not every designer would be able to represent India in a right manner, said Anjana Sharma, director fashion of IMG Reliance.
"You have to make sure that the designers who go to Berlin represent India in a correct manner," Sharma told IANS.
"It would be tough. It might be either of them or just the both you never know. It`s the advisory board who guided us in making the selection. It`s just to make sure that we take the correct first step," she said.
Both the designers showcased their lines together on the last day of the ongoing Lakme Fashion Week Winter/Festive 2011, which came to an end Sunday with designer Manish Malhotra`s show.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Andrew Lincoln excited about 'Love Actually' sequel
- Oscars 2017: Asghar Farhadi's ‘The Salesman’ wins Best Foreign Language Film
- Oscars 2017: Jimmy Kimmel cracks Trump jokes as 89th Academy Awards
- Oscar 2017: Indian-origin actor Dev Patel loses Best supporting actor award to Mahershala Ali
- Donald Trump competing with Oscars with White House governors' ball