Toxicology report confirms Michael Jackson died of drug overdose
Last Updated: Saturday, July 11, 2009, 12:01
  

Spicezee Bureau

Los Angeles, July 11: In a revelation of sorts, late singer Michael Jackson’s preliminary toxicology report has indicated that his body had lethal levels of powerful painkiller ‘Demerol’ and a heroin substitute ‘Methadone’ when he died.

According to a report by The Sun tabloid, tests revealed that Jackson had taken a cocktail of drugs strong enough to have killed any normal person instantly. What has also been revealed is the fact that the ‘King of Pop’ had been on vast quantities of the same for so long that his body had become tolerant to huge doses until his final collapse on June 25.

The shocking findings are part of the preliminary toxicology report submitted to the Los Angeles county coroner’s office. The newspaper quoted a source as saying that “Michael Jackson was a walking drug store when he died — he never stood a chance.”

Going into the details of the report, it was found that Jackson’s blood had high levels of anti-anxiety drug ‘Xanax’. Also present were lower levels of ‘Propofol’ — an anaesthetic for hospital use only, but which Jackson used as a sleeping draft. A significant amount of narcotic ‘Dilaudid’, normally used to numb post-surgery pain, was also discovered. In addition to this, traces of ‘therapeutic’ levels of ‘Fentanyl’, plus a prescription painkiller ‘Vicodin’, anti-anxiety pills ‘Valium’ and the sleeping drug ‘Ambien’ were also established.

The report, which has just surfaced, also has a source saying, “The body can build up extreme tolerances to huge doses of drugs but eventually it overloads and just shuts down. That is what happened to Michael.”

Prior to this, Jackson’s dermatologist Dr Arnold Klein, also his close pal rumoured to have fathered of two of his three children, had already admitted giving Jackson Demerol occasionally after surgery.


First Published: Saturday, July 11, 2009, 12:01


Tag:

comments powered by Disqus