Arnold Schwarzenegger confirms 'Terminator 6' will happen
Hollywood star Arnold Schwarzenegger has said the sixth instalment of hit "Terminator" franchise will happen.
Los Angeles: Hollywood star Arnold Schwarzenegger has said the sixth instalment of hit "Terminator" franchise will happen.
Despite the flop of last year's "Genysis", the actor, who plays the title character is pretty optimistic about the next 'Terminator' film's future, reported Aceshowbiz.
The actor shared the information while talking about the future of the franchise in a recent interview.
Asked about the next instalment, he revealed, "I am looking forward to it, absolutely." "Genisys", which also starred Emilia Clarke, Jason Clarke and Jai Courtney, was planned as the first of a trilogy of new "Terminator" movies.
The big-budget film received a lot of negative reviews and was a commercial flop as it reportedly earned less than USD 100 million in North America, though it did perform well in some other countries like China. PTI PSH
Fans assumed the trilogy was canceled after Paramount removed the next "Genisys" films from their release schedule. The sequel's original May 19, 2017 slot is now filled by the "Baywatch" reboot. The third film's 2019 release date remains empty.