Washington: Brad Pitt starrer WWII drama 'Fury' topped the box office weekend by collecting 23.5 million dollars, beating David Fincher's thriller 'Gone Girl' that only earned 17.8 million dollars.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, the film, directed by David Ayer, delivered one of the best openings of all time for a World War II war movie and also features Shia LaBeouf, Logan Lerman, Michael Pena, Jon Bernthal, Jason Isaacs and Scott Eastwood.
'Book of Life', produced by Guillermo del Toro came in No. 3 with 17 million dollar earning, followed by 'Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day' that earned 12 million dollars.
The top 10 films at the weekend box office are:
1. Fury- 23.5 million dollars
2. Gone Girl - 17.8 million dollars
3. The Book of Life- 17 million dollars
4. Alexander...Very Bad Day- 12 million dollars
5. The Best of Me- 10.2 million dollars
6. Dracula Untold- 9.9 million dollars
7. The Judge- 7.94 million dollars
8. Annabelle- 7.92 million dollars
9. The Equalizer- 5.5 million dollars
10. The Maze Runner- 4.5 million dollars