'Mary Kom' gets U certificate
Mumbai: Actress Priyanka Chopra-starrer 'Mary Kom' biopic has finally got U certificate from Central Borad of Film Certification (CBFC).
The sports drama, which is based on the life of the Olympic bronze medal winner, was earlier issued U/A certificate by the board.
"Awesome! 'U' certificate! Family movie #MaryKom," Chopra posted on Twitter.
Earlier, makers were reportedly disappointed with the Censor Board's previous decision. But now they are happy as the film will have a wider audience.
"Mary Kom gets a 'U' certificate. More reach to us," director Omung Kumar tweeted.
'Mary Kom' is scheduled to release on September 5 and is produced by Sanjay Leela Bhansali in collaboration with Viacom 18. It narrates the struggle of a Manipuri female boxer, who goes on to become a five-time World Amateur Boxing champion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Waarrior Savitri movie review: Ineffective and unimpressive
- Confirmed! Ranveer Singh to play Khilji in 'Padmavati' opposite Deepika Padukone—Deets inside
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra's mushy love in 'Baar Baar Dekho' new still is just so aww!
- Terminally ill fan watches 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' before passing away
- A Flying Jatt movie review: Tiger Shroff as an adorably badass superhero is a treat for kids!