'Mary Kom' gets U certificate
Mumbai: Actress Priyanka Chopra-starrer 'Mary Kom' biopic has finally got U certificate from Central Borad of Film Certification (CBFC).
The sports drama, which is based on the life of the Olympic bronze medal winner, was earlier issued U/A certificate by the board.
"Awesome! 'U' certificate! Family movie #MaryKom," Chopra posted on Twitter.
Earlier, makers were reportedly disappointed with the Censor Board's previous decision. But now they are happy as the film will have a wider audience.
"Mary Kom gets a 'U' certificate. More reach to us," director Omung Kumar tweeted.
'Mary Kom' is scheduled to release on September 5 and is produced by Sanjay Leela Bhansali in collaboration with Viacom 18. It narrates the struggle of a Manipuri female boxer, who goes on to become a five-time World Amateur Boxing champion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Hilarious Nawazuddin Siddiqui playing Karachi reporter Chand Nawab!
- Porn ban: Govt might come into bedroom to see how couples are having sex, says Ram Gopal Varma
- 'Masaan', 'Jaanisar' tax free in Uttar Pradesh
- Aanand L Rai to present Swara Bhaskar-starrer
- 'Singh is Bling' trailer to be out with 'Brothers'