'Mary Kom' gets U certificate
Mumbai: Actress Priyanka Chopra-starrer 'Mary Kom' biopic has finally got U certificate from Central Borad of Film Certification (CBFC).
The sports drama, which is based on the life of the Olympic bronze medal winner, was earlier issued U/A certificate by the board.
"Awesome! 'U' certificate! Family movie #MaryKom," Chopra posted on Twitter.
Earlier, makers were reportedly disappointed with the Censor Board's previous decision. But now they are happy as the film will have a wider audience.
"Mary Kom gets a 'U' certificate. More reach to us," director Omung Kumar tweeted.
'Mary Kom' is scheduled to release on September 5 and is produced by Sanjay Leela Bhansali in collaboration with Viacom 18. It narrates the struggle of a Manipuri female boxer, who goes on to become a five-time World Amateur Boxing champion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trailer out! 'Sunshine Music Tours and Travels' is the road trip every youth needs – Watch here
- Amitabh Bachchan celebrates 43 years of 'Abhimaan'
- Watch: Salman Khan's 'World of Sultan' documentary will inspire you to achieve your dreams!
- 2 days to go: 'Dishoom' promotions are in full swing, Varun-John-Jacqueline witness huge crowd!
- Photo alert! Birthday girl Kriti Sanon in Mauritius with Sushant Singh Rajput for last schedule of 'Raabta'