Mumbai: Many Bollywood films might have run into trouble with the censors lately, but producer Mukesh Bhatt is elated that his upcoming movie "Raaz Reboot" has been spared by the board with no cuts.
The film, starring Emraan Hashmi in the lead role, is the fourth film in the horror film franchise "Raaz".
Mukesh says the film has been given an 'A' (adult) certificate, which it deserves.
"The good news is that the film has been censored and passed with an A certificate obviously, without any cuts.
"The intent of the filmmaker was not to titillate you. It is a film made with a very good intent. That was communicated to each and every member (of the board)," Bhatt told reporters here, last evening.
The fourth instalment of "Raaz" has been helmed by Vikram Bhatt who previously directed "Raaz 3D" and the first part, starring Bipasha Basu, in 2002.
Mukesh says he was surprised when one of the female members of the censor board praised the movie despite it being an adult film.
"I was very happy to hear the comment of one of the lady members who said, 'You all made a beautiful film.' That made my day. Coming from a lady, for an adult film, these kind of words really touched my heart."
While Vikram is also happy with CBFC's decision, he revealed often it is the distributor's demand to get an 'A' certificate for the movies.
"Once a distributor told me, 'Don't go for U/A because people will think if it is U/A then there will be nothing in the film. Even if there is nothing, just take an 'A'," the "Love Games" helmer said.
Also starring Gaurav Arora and South star Kriti Kharbanda, "Raaz Reboot" is set to release on September 16.
Censor board has faced a lot of controversy in the recent past for suggesting arbitrary cuts to movies.
Films like "Udta Punjab", "Aligarh", "Jai Gangaajal", "Angry Indian Godesses" have had a run in with the board and its chief Pahlaj Nihalani.