Indian movie goers have become more receptive to offbeat cinema and have gradually started embracing stories with a hatke storyline.
‘Being Cyrus’ featuring Saif Ali Khan, Dimple Kapadia and Naseeruddin Shah went on to become one of the most critically acclaimed films in the recent times. And with it emerged a genius named Homi Adajania.
The young filmmaker par excellence is now back to his genre of cinema with ‘Finding Fanny’ after an out and out commercial venture- ‘Cocktail’.
With names like Pankaj Kapoor, Naseeruddin Shah and Dimple Kapadia besides Deepika Padukone and Arjun Kapoor- on board, ‘Finding Fanny’, has all the reasons to be a film that one can’t afford to miss.
- Seldom do we get to see three legendary actors share screen space in a film that has the essence of both commercial and parallel cinema. Moreover, the veteran trio- Pankaj, Naseer and Dimple appear in never-seen-before avatars.
- The film will be screened at the Busan International Film Festival. The makers have impressed the internal audience and hence the honour. This gives us all another reason to watch the movie.
- After a super successful 2013 (‘Race 2’, ‘Chennai Express’, ‘Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani’ and ‘Goliyon Ki Rasleela- Ram Leela’) and ‘Kochadaiiyaan’ with megastar Rajinikanth earlier this year, Deepika Padukone is back in an altogether different avatar. As Angie, the Goan belle, the dimpled hottie, promises a stupendous performance.
- The makers of the film adopted innovative methods to promote the film. And their efforts have reaped fruits. ‘Finding Fanny’ has succeeded in keeping the inquisitiveness and curiosity alive and kicking.
- The title song of the film is a massive hit and so is the #ShakeYourBootiya number.
- It’s been long Bollywood has seen a fun-filled film. ‘Finding Fanny’ seems to have all the elements of a super entertaining flick.
- Arjun Kapoor has had a glorious rendezvous with the cash registers at the Box Office. Barring ‘Aurangzeb’, the young man has succeeded in delivering hits. ‘Finding Fanny’ comes across as an addition to Arjun’s success story.
- Ranveer Singh’s cameo as Gabo has grabbed a number of eye balls. His special appearance in the film as Angie’s husband helps build more curiosity.
- A special screening of the film was held for the who’s who in the Tinsel Town. Social media is overflowing with complimentary messages addressed to the cast of ‘Finding Fanny’ and Homi Adajania is certainly the man of the moment in the virtual world. He has been busy receiving all the admiration with humility.
- The trailer of the film has given us all a glimpse of what the film would look like. Humour element is in abundance and the film is bound to tickle your funny bone.
The film is slated to hit the silverscreen on September 12. Are you ready to grab your ticket?