Awards don`t help a singer`s career growth: Najim Arshad
Chennai: Popular playback singer Najim Arshad feels awards do not really help a crooner`s career growth.
Arshad had a busy 2013 rendering songs in some 17 Malayalam films.
Asked if he was disappointed at not getting a state award, he said, "Of course awards are a sort of recognition. I have been nominated for many awards, but there is no disappointment in missing out on them."
"At the same time, from what I have witnessed, I don`t see it helping a singer`s career growth... That is my opinion... Getting the audiences approval is the best award. I am getting a lot of songs. So, there is no disappointment," the 28-year-old singer said.
Arshad`s `Aaro, Aaro` in the latest Malayalam movie, `Ringmaster` starring Dilip is a chartbuster.
"The music is by Gopi Sunder. It is a sort of western lullaby where you have Dilip crooning to a puppy. What stands out is the play on the guitar strings in the composition."
In the midst of rehearsals before setting out on 25-day US tour later today, Arshad said he has already sung in nine films this year till April, and some 24 upcoming movies.
"I have rendered a song in Lal Jose`s `Vikramadityan` starring superstar Mammootty`s son Dulquer Salmaan. The music composer is national award winner Bijibal."
"This is my fifth film with Lal Jose. All the earlier movies?--`Diamond Necklace`, `Ayalum Njanum Thammil`, `Pullipulikalaum Aaattinkuttiyum`, and `Immanuel` were hits. Hope this one will also be one."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Devdas', 'Veer-Zaara' to be screened at theatres in the US
- Madhur Bhandarkar reveals first look of Kirti Kulhari starrer 'Indu Sarkar'
- Want to go worldwide with digital foray: Shilpa Shetty
- Girls should hit back if touched inappropriately, says Akshay Kumar
- Irrfan Khan in Georgia for 'Hindi Medium' shooting
- Vidya Balan's 'Begum Jaan': 'Prem Mein Tohre' by Asha Bhosle highlights Anu Malik's musical brilliance
- Ranveer Singh and Rajkummar Rao jamming the 'Trapped' rap is a bonus for fans!
- Sonakshi Sinha in 'Gulabi 2.0' song from 'Noor' will pep up your boring day!
- Noor: Sonakshi Sinha lets her hair down, teases video of song 'Gulabi 2.0'
- Every film with AR Rahman is special journey, says Mani Ratnam