Being myself is key to success: Acharya
Kolkata: With his plate full in film playback singing since national award winner film Ranjana Ami Aar Asbona, singer Somlata Acharya believes sticking to her original gayaki (singing style) would keep her ticking.
"Talks are also on for singing in a film by Mainak Bhowmik but it has not been finalised yet. I am part of many upcoming film projects I must say. All directors are attuned to the songs composed and set to tune in their flicks," she told reporters here.
I will follow my own singing style. My diction, my pitch, my presentation made me the brand known to the audience who will dump me if I deviate from my chosen yardstick," the young, popular singer said,
Somlata, who counts film playbacks as one of the most challenging situations communicating to the audience, says from Biye Not Out by new age director duo Abhijit Guha-Sudeshna Roy to Pendulum by Soukarja Ghosal she had her plate full.
"Ranjana turned a new phase. And now I am looking forward to Asbo aar ekdin, Pendulum, .Khola Haoa, and Biye not out. Talks are also on for Mainak?s Family Album but things are not yet confirmed," she said.
"Yes, we are in talks with Somlata for one song. But things are not yet confirmed," Mainak said when contacted.
Somlata, who will bring her second solo album after Puja, was talking on the sidelines of launch of Indian Idol fame Emon?s `Ichhe Puron` launch here.
She said reality shows aided in providing platform to the young singers.
"May be such shows don?t create stars but can guide the winners. And that remains more important," the dulcet-voiced singer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aww! Here's a sweet gesture by Alia Bhatt towards mom Soni Razdan – Check out
- Birthday bash! Shah Rukh Khan, Aryan, Navya Naveli turn up at Karan Johar's birthday party – See pics
- Have always been confident about my work: Richa Chadha
- Bored of saris, anarkalis on special occasions? Innovate
- Twitteratti want Captain America to turn 'gay'
- Music companies give commercial songs to their artists: Sonu Nigam
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Sonu Nigam's new song 'Crazy Dil' has got the cutest surprise appearance ever – Watch to know
- Know how long Sonu Nigam sang on the streets for the ‘beggar’ video
- Kesha gets standing ovation after Billboard Awards performance