Eagles of Death Metal break silence, issue first statement since Paris terror attacks

Eagles Of Death Metal have canceled all their gigs until further notice.

Eagles of Death Metal break silence, issue first statement since Paris terror attacks

New Delhi: Eagles Of Death Metal, the American rock band whose concert was stormed during last week's Paris attacks, have issued their first statement on Wednesday. They have put on hold all their gigs until further notice.

In a statement posted in group's Facebook page, the California band said, "While the band is now home safe, we are horrified and still trying to come to terms with what happened in France."

While the band is now home safe, we are horrified and still trying to come to terms with what happened in France. Our...

Posted by Eagles Of Death Metal on Wednesday, 18 November 2015

EODM were onstage at the Bataclan concert venue when the horrific attacks happened, which killed more than 129 and 352 injured. The band paid tribute to victims of the attack and said, they were "bonded in grief with the victims, the fans... and all those affected by terrorism".

The concert venue suffered biggest casualty, with the ISIS gunmen killing 89 people during the gig on Friday, including the band's merchandise manager Briton Nick Alexander, and three executives from the band’s record label, Universal Music Group. But, the band members were unharmed in the attack.

Founded in the late 1990s in Palm Desert, California, by Jesse Hughes and Josh Homme, the band were on a 32-city European tour, with their last stop in Portugal in December. But they have canceled all their shows until further notice.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. You can find out more by clicking this link

Close