Kavita Krishnamurthy, L Subramaniam honoured by New Jersey Assembly
New York: Renowned Indian singer Krishnamurthy and her violin maestro husband L Subramaniam have been honoured by the New Jersey Assembly for their contributions to world music.
New Jersey State Assembly Deputy Speaker Upendra Chivukula honoured the couple with special Assembly proclamations at a ceremony organised by America Tamil Sangam and Shri Vari Foundation here.
Chivukula spoke of Subramaniam's immense talent and diverse repertoire, which includes producing and performing about two hundred recordings. He is among the few musicians to have performed-recorded Karnatic Classical Music, Western Classical Music, both Orchestral and non-Orchestral, and also composed for and conducted major orchestras, film scores and collaborated with a wide range of musicians.
While honouring Krishnamurthy, Chivukula spoke about her wide range and versatility to sing different styles and types of songs.
Bina Sapabathy of Nassau County Department of Social Services and Vice President of Indian Association of Long Island presented the proclamations issued by Nassau County Executive Edward Mangano to the couple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Rustom' trailer out: Bollywood in awe of Akshay Kumar!
- Kriti Sanon has mastered the 'lower-back' workout – This video is a proof!
- Saiyami Kher is fresh as a dewdrop: Shabana Azmi
- Salman Khan 'raped woman' remark: Varun Dhawan's reaction is the most quintessential one!
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show': Sufi musicians Wadali Brothers to grace the show
- Urvashi Rautela gives 'Resham Ka Rumaal' a sexy twist in 'Great Grand Masti' – Watch here
- 'Sultan' Salman Khan lends his majestic voice for the title track, impresses again! – Check out
- Zareen Khan, Ali Fazal to feature in T-Series music video
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma team up with India's first transgender band
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' sans songs? Details inside