New body formed to promote Bhupen Hazarika`s work
Guwahati: Music legend Bhupen Hazarika`s son, Tej, today announced the formation of a new body in memory of his father with an aim to spread his works across the globe.
"Our main objective is to internationalise Bhupen Hazarika. His works have great relevance even today. We will translate and spread his creations," Tej said.
The newly formed `Dr Bhupen Hazarika Foundation` has 21 members from different walks of life that includes some siblings and relatives of the music maestro.
Trying to distance itself from another trust, led by the singer`s longtime associate Kalpana Lazmi, Tej said, "Ours is a transparent organisation. It is not a business shell. All the wealth created by the foundation will go to promote the work of my father."
Headquartered in Guwahati, the Foundation`s first work will be to publicise the Assamese translation of an English book on the music composer, edited by his son.
`Demystifying Dr Bhupen Hazarika` is being translated into Assamese and it will hit the stands soon, Tej said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Dangal' Box Office report: Aamir Khan starrer crosses Rs 100 crore mark in Mumbai
- Angelina Jolie's father wants Brangelina to get back together for kids
- Atif Aslam halts concert midway, rescues female from being harassed! - Watch
- Sunny Pawar meets President Barack Obama
- Shahid Kapoor's video on wife Mira Rajput's phone conversation is bang on!