Rituparno imprints are in Biswabhora Gaan album
Kolkata: Terming longtime friend-mentor late Rituparno Ghosh and his avant garde director colleague-playwright Suman Mukhopadhyay as `bounceboard` of his creative ideas, ace music director Debojyoti Misra says the never before `Biswabhora Gaan` album with Tagore`s songs could happen because of the duo.
"We would often discuss how the rich westen classical music was subtly manifest in many of the timeless, original tracks of Rabindranath, how he did not belong to just one frontier but in different corners. The idea came off two years back but took shape later on," the Chokher Bali music director said.
Debojyoti, who would not term his role beyond that of an orchestra conductor in the album having renditions from the young, fresh to seasoned singers, said, "Me, Ritu and Suman in different times discussed a lot about this aspect."
"The director duo were never tired of discussing poets including later generation`s Sankha Ghosh and Sunil Gangopadhyay," Debojyoti said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi’s fiancée and Monalisa’s boyfriend make an appearance
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Sonam Kapoor looks ravishing in Shantanu & Nikhil design!
- Non-bailable warrant against 'Bigg Boss 10' contestant Om Swami cancelled!