`Bhaag Milkha Bhaag` music review: Runs on passion and intensity
New Delhi: The music of Rakesh Omprakash Mehra`s ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’ has eight tracks, including a Gurbani rendition. While a lot of the songs are inclined towards fun and passion, the romantic tracks also manage to steal a bit of limelight in the album.
The album starts with a ‘Gurbani’, soulfully rendered by Daler Mehndi to create a mood of peace.
‘Zinda’, sung by multiple singers like Suhas Sawant, Raman Mahadevan, Mani Mahadevan and Siddharth Mahadevan, has an inspiring passion and intensity. The guitar riffs at the song`s beginning are impressive, while the background music along with tough lyrics make the song very encouraging. From hard rock music in the background, the song gradually takes a turn towards a soft, smooth melody.
Javed Bashir has sung the next track ‘Mera Yaar’ beautifully. Unlike usual romantic numbers, this one stands apart with Sufi music blended into the melody seamlessly. The lyrics prove to be a rare phenomenon with poetry being given a lot of space and the track is one of the high points of the album.
‘Maston ka jhund’ has already become the favourite of many youngsters. With singer Divya Kumar crooning in the track, it can be easily tagged as a boys` number. The beats are rhythmic and foot tapping.
‘Bhaag milkha bhaag’, the title track of the movie, is a little disappointing. Even though the lyrics are very powerful, the regular pace of the song makes it a little uninteresting for the listener. While singer Arif Lohar`s voice is a treat for everyone, the listener keeps on waiting for a high adrenaline rushing twist, which never comes.
The rock version of title track makes up for the missing element in the previous number. Sung by Siddharth Mahadevan, it is really hard-hitting and inspirational. Not just the singer`s voice but the music also compliments the feel of the track. A very good hear.
If there is one song in the album, which can be termed as simply "amazing", it is ‘Slow motion angreza’. The song begins with singer Loy Mendosa singing in English. It has the style of country singing and is very catchy. The best part comes when Sukhwinder Singh comes behind the mike. His entry is commendable and is sure to have the listeners hooked on to it.
The last track is ‘O Rangrez’, which again has an ensemble of singers like Arshad Khan, Israj Khan, Tapas Roy, Vajid Ali, Yusuf Mohammed, Javed Bashir and Shreya Ghoshal contributing to the song. A romantic number, it also has some spiritual essence attached to its music. This is the only slow paced song in the album and has very beautiful lyrics. A listener might not be able to get attached to the rhythm initially, but it gradually grows on you. The beauty of the track might not be appealing to all as it is a low profiled song.
Shankar, Ehsaan and Loy have tried to infuse life and story in every track. While the tracks, which are peppy, score high, certain tracks may fail to meet expectations of the listeners. But, nonetheless, the music of ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’ does not disappoint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'The Spectacular Jihad...' inspired by 9/11 attacks
- Jackie Chan opens acting school in China
- I’ve fallen in love with acting, says Lauren Gottlieb
- Pulkit Samrat 'can't wait' to watch 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- History lessons for 'Gour Hari Dastaan' cast
- Shakti Kapoor to play crazy professor in upcoming film
- Playing Kashibai emotionally draining for Priyanka Chopra
- Shraddha Kapoor visits 'Baaghi' set ahead of shoot
- Expert detoxification guide for brides-to-be
- Salman Khan thanks Aamir, Shah Rukh for 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' poster release
- 'Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya blaze'
- Piers Morgan returns to 'America's Got Talent' as guest
- Netflix renews 'Grace And Frankie' for season two
- Zayn Malik may make 'X Factor' comeback as judge
- 'Supergirl' pilot leaks online six months before schedule
- Kapil Sharma celebrates two years of CNWK with ‘ABCD 2’ team
- New York `Mad Men` exhibition extends to September 6
- Newcomer Monica Sehgal gets taste of her popularity
- Ashish Juneja to enter 'Itna Karo Na Mujhe Pyar'
- `New Girl` actor Max Greenfield roped in for `American Horror Story: Hotel`
- 'American Idol' Carrie Underwood thanks show for stardom
- Indian-American first vegetarian contestant on 'MasterChef US'
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark