`Ek ladki ko...` originally written for Madhuri: Javed Akhtar
New Delhi: Almost two decades after penning the evergreen "Ek ladki ko dekha...", writer-lyricist Javed Akhtar has revealed the melodious hit song was originally penned with Madhuri Dixit in mind.
"No one knows that the song `Ek ladki ko dekha toh`, which became so popular... I wrote it keeping Madhuri in mind. When I was asked to write the song, she was doing the film, but later she left it and Manisha Koirala came in," Akhtar told a gathering here Friday.
Akhtar spoke at an event held in the capital. Madhuri was the guest speaker at a session during the event, where Pakistani actor-singer Ali Zafar and singer Shafqat Amanat Ali Khan was present too.
Besotted by Madhuri`s beauty, Ali put his talent to good use and sang "Ek ladki ko dekha toh...". Of course, Madhuri, dressed to kill in black, was flattered of course, but it is this moment that enthused Akhtar into sharing the interesting anecdote.
The song, from the film `1942: A Love Story`, was picturised on Manisha and Anil Kapoor.
Shafqat Amanat Ali Khan, known for numbers like "Mitwa", "Mora saiyan" and "Phir le aaya dil", sang "Tumse milke aisa lagaa tumse milke" for Madhuri.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: AR Rahman expresses solidarity with Aamir Khan, says he too faced similar situation
- Intolerance issue: Here’s what Raveena Tandon feels
- Bigg Boss-Day 44: Rimi actively takes part in task; Priya, Kanwaljeet add spark
- 'Criminal Minds' star Kirsten Vangsness gets engaged
- Check out: Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone's stunning look in 'Bajirao Mastani' new poster!