`Gunday` music peppy, fun, soulful
The music album of director Ali Abbas Zafar`s forthcoming film ‘Gunday’ is evidence of Sohail Sen`s versatility.
Set in the 1970s, the soundtrack of the movie, which features Ranveer Singh, Arjun Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra in the lead roles, boasts of 10 tracks, including a rap, a classical and a Bangla version of ‘Tune maari entriyaan’.
It starts with the peppy, entertaining ‘Jashn-e-ishqa’. Sung by Javed Ali and Shadab Faridi, it is an all-male number. It`s a celebration of love, friendship and power. Whichever mood you are in, this will pep you up so much that you will automatically start jiving to the beats.
The second one is ‘Tune maari entriyaan’. Sung by Bappi Lahiri, KK, Neeti Mohan, and Vishal Dadlani, it will just blow you away with its beats and the right combination of voices.
Are you in love? If yes, ‘Jiya’ is perfect for you. And in case you are not in a romantic relationship, then you would surely want to be in one after hearing the song in Arijit Singh`s soothing and melodious voice. It strikes an instant chord with the listeners.
Next up is ‘Asalaam-e-ishqum’. Sung by Bappi Lahiri and Neha Bhasin, it creates a retro and modern feel. The duo definitely takes the song to the next level. The next time you visit a discotheque, there is a huge possibility you will be welcomed by the song.
‘Saaiyaan’ is fifth on the list. Initially, it will remind you of ‘Do dhari talwar’ from ‘Mere Brother ki Dulhan’. A very soothing number sung by Shahid Mallya, it is all about heartbreak.
Next in line is ‘Mann kunto maula’. Amir Khusro`s poem has been given a modern twist by Altamash Faridi and Shadab Faridi. The song stands out because of the use of the guitar that gives it a very modern feel.
The title track ‘Gunday’, which is placed seventh, is of 163 seconds and basically describes the two male characters in the movie. What makes the song perfect for the album is the rap by Kinga Rhymes.
‘Rhythm of Jashn-e-ishqa’ is not so appealing. There is nothing wrong with it, but such songs look effective when played during a dramatic scene in a movie.
‘Mann kunto maula (classical)’ is next. As the name suggests, it is a classical number and is more soothing than the original version. It will remind you of the spiritual number ‘Kun faaya kun’ from ‘Rockstar’.
‘Tune maari entriyaan (Bangla version)’ wraps up the album. Sung by Bappi Lahiri and Monali Thakur, the lyrics are not very difficult to understand. It is high on fun and entertaining.
Overall, ‘Gunday’ has songs for every mood and music lovers couldn`t have asked for more.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nagarjuna's son Akhil Akkineni engaged to girlfriend Shriya Bhupal!
- Guess who? THIS superstar launched Vikram Phadnis' debut film
- Can Akshay Kumar play role of Dara Singh on-screen? Here's what he said
- Bigg Boss season 10: Salman Khan blasts Swami Om; Sahil Anand evicted!
- Check out these 10 essential fashion life hacks that everyone should know!
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Aamir Khan’s ‘Dangal’ title track out and it’s awesome!
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil Hoon Main' song will make you fall in love all over again!
- Hrithik Roshan's new song 'Kaabil Hoon Main' is soft and soothing!
- Aamir Khan has something to say about ‘Dangal’ title track – Watch