`Kochadaiiyaan` AR Rahman`s toughest movie
Chennai: Double Oscar-winning composer AR Rahman said that superstar Rajinikanth`s ‘Kochadaiiyaan’ was the toughest film in his career of composing because of the importance of music in the narrative.
"`Kochadaiiyaan` was one of the toughest movies to score and mix for, due to the responsibility and role music had in the narrative. Kudos to my whole team for coming through. We had to move forward on many sensibilities and step back for some others," Rahman posted on his Facebook page Tuesday.
"We consciously stayed away from conventional massy numbers. With confidence in the script, we tried to stay true to dance numbers that were intrinsic to the setting of the movie and heighten the emotion," he further posted.
Rahman also said that he is "trying my best to put together a score album soon".
Directed by Rajinikanth`s daughter Soundarya Ashwin, ‘Kochadaiiyaan’ has done a business of Rs.42 crore in the opening weekend worldwide.
‘Kochadaiiyaan’ is India`s first photo-realistic motion capture 3D animated film featuring Deepika Padukone, Jackie Shroff, R. Sarath Kumar, Nasser, Aadi Pinisetty and Shobana in important roles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arabic version of 'Zaalima' from 'Raees' will make you fall in love! - Watch
- Wiz Khalifa's sister dies at 32
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania: Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt's quirky antics steal the show in 'Aashiq Surrender Hua'
- Akshay Kumar happy with 'Tu Cheez Badi Hai Mast' song in 'Machine'!
- Anushka Sharma’s ‘Phillauri’: ‘Whats up’ - first wedding song of this season – Watch