`Lootera` songs - Amit Trivedi`s tribute to RD Burman
Mumbai: National award-winning music composer Amit Trivedi says his renditions in his upcoming film `Lootera` are a tribute to legendary RD Burman.
`Lootera` is a period romance drama set in Bengal of 1950s and is directed by Vikramaditya Motwane after his much acclaimed `Udaan`.
"The music of this film is a tribute to Pancham Da (R D Burman) in terms of melody and orchestration. I am happy that the music is getting good response," Trivedi told reporters here last night.
He has composed soulful tunes for the film which were recited last night at its music release. Numbers including `Sawaar Loon`, `Manmarziyan`, `Monta Re` were performed by playback singer Shilpa Rao and lyricist-singers like Amitabh Bhattacharya and Swanand Kirkire.
The 34-year-old musician himself sung the heart rending `Zinda`. He says the script and the director drove him to come up with such fabulous music.
"To get an opportunity to work with Vikram is a great thing. It`s the director and the script which drives me. Vikram has always managed to churn out the best out of me," Amit said, who has worked with Motwane in `Udaan`.
The film is produced by Ekta Kapoor`s Balaji Motion Pictures and Phantom Films, floated by four prominent filmmakers - Anurag Kashyap, Vikramaditya Motwane, Vikas Bahl and Madhu Mantena.
`Lootera` is scheduled to release on July 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arabic version of 'Zaalima' from 'Raees' will make you fall in love! - Watch
- Wiz Khalifa's sister dies at 32
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania: Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt's quirky antics steal the show in 'Aashiq Surrender Hua'
- Akshay Kumar happy with 'Tu Cheez Badi Hai Mast' song in 'Machine'!
- Anushka Sharma’s ‘Phillauri’: ‘Whats up’ - first wedding song of this season – Watch