`Magic of Reshma`s voice will live on`
Mumbai: Names like Amjad Ali Khan and Kavita Krishnamoorthy from the Indian music industry will remember renowned Pakistani folk singer Reshma as a voice with magical powers.
Reshma, credited with songs like "Dama Dam Mast Kalandar" and "Hai O Rabba nahion lagda dil mera", breathed her last in Lahore Sunday morning.
Here`s what the celebrities had to say:
Amjad Ali Khan: "May her soul rest in peace. Reshmaji ne duniya ko pyaar aur mohabbat ka sandesh diya (Her songs gave the world a message of love and peace).
Kavita Krishnamoorthy: She was such a truly great singer. Really sad to hear of her death.
Composer duo Sajid-Wajid: Reshmaji`s voice had magic. Whenever we hear her song `Lambi judaai`, it feels we are listening to a song at a shrine. It gives immense peace. She had an innocent and pure voice. She was the perfect Sufi folk singer.
Sunidhi Chauhan: She was someone I really looked up to and was very inspired by. Sad that she is gone.
Alka Yagnik: Heartbreaking news. She was one of my favourite singers. Needless to say her soulful voice and songs are immortal. RIP (rest in peace), dearest Reshmaji.
Alisha Chinai: Is she really gone? Her soulful haunting voice will live forever.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of 'Aligarh': Hansal Mehta looks back at film journey
- Ayesha Takia slams haters, says 'I love myself and you should love yourself too'
- Ranveer Singh working round the clock to meet deadlines
- Hrithik Roshan to launch his own workout regime
- Rani Mukerji to make comeback with women centric film 'Hichki'
- 'Sahiba' from Anushka Sharma, Diljit Dosanjh starrer 'Phillauri' will soothe your soul
- Arabic version of 'Zaalima' from 'Raees' will make you fall in love! - Watch
- Wiz Khalifa's sister dies at 32
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania: Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt's quirky antics steal the show in 'Aashiq Surrender Hua'
- Akshay Kumar happy with 'Tu Cheez Badi Hai Mast' song in 'Machine'!