A R Rahman to perform at Nita Ambani`s birthday bash
Jodhpur: Oscar-winning music composer A R Rahman is all set to perform at the 50th birthday celebration of Indian business tycoon Mukesh Ambani`s wife, Nita Ambani.
Family members including Mukesh Ambani`s mother Kokila Ben and two sisters are already in the city to supervise the arrangements of the gala bash.
Rahman, cricketers Sachin Tendulkar and Zaheer Khan have also arrived.
Some prominent businessman and members from the Hindi film industry are expected to arrive on Thursday.
"Mahindra, Mittal, Kamat and Godrej will be landing on Thursday along with Aamir Khan, Priyanka Chopra, Juhi Chawla, Karishma Kapoor... No one is coming from over-seas," confirmed a person associated with the arrangements.
The celebration has been divided between two places- Umaid Bhawan Palace and Bal Samand Lake Palace.
"Since her birth day is on November 1, the bash will begin from October 31 night with the musical performance by A R Rahman and his group, which will be followed by cake cutting ceremony," he added.
The main celebration will be held on November 1 at the Bal Samand Palace. "This day will include worshipping of Goddess Laxmi, traditional dance performances and fire cracker show.
"Choreographer Vaibhavi Merchant had designed the dance performance," the source said, adding that this event will be followed by a gala lunch which will mark the culmination of the two-day bash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Charlie Weber marries fiancee
- Dharmendra is fit and fine: Esha Deol
- Taylor Swift concert wristband save three teenagers' lives
- Perry, Mayer not serious about each other?
- Kendrick Lamar wants to be positive role model
- Taylor Swift asks Calvin Harris to move in
- Feel fortunate that Ranveer and I get along well: Arjun
- When Chris Pratt turned rickshaw-puller
- Tracy Morgan appears in public for first time since settlement
- Miley Cyrus flaunts her bosom
- Khloe Kardashian's boutique to offer personal styling
- Jason Derulo unveils new album
- Happy Mondays making music with tribes
- Musical tribute to Noor Jehan, but with a twist
- Sonakshi Sinha to sing at IIFA
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- 'Lay Me Down' changed my life: Sam Smith
- Rap mogul 'Suge' Knight refuses to attend L.A. court hearing
- HC seeks ways to restrain songs promoting drugs and alcohol
- Sam Smith dedicates tweets to fans to celebrate debut album's 1st anniversary
- Judge to hold hearing on whether Shakira's copyright accuser lied
- Ricky Kej grateful to everyone who felt his music
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation