Abhay was nervous about singing: Shankar
New Delhi: Getting three popular actors to sing in one song is no joke - but composer trio Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy (SEL) managed to convince Hrithik Roshan, Farhan Akhtar and Abhay Deol to do it for the catchy number `Senorita`, and how!
Of the three actors, who feature together in Zoya Akhtar`s `Zindagi Naa Milegi Dobara`, Abhay had traces of nervousness, according to Shankar, who is gearing up to host a music workshop June 25, the last day of the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) weekend in Toronto, along with Ehsaan and Loy.
"It was great fun recording the song. Farhan has sung previously in `Rock On!!` and Hrithik is a fantastic singer. Abhay was no problem at all. Granted that he has never sung before and he was a bit nervous, but we created a comfortable environment for him and let him do his thing," Shankar told reporters on behalf of the trio.
The song has a Spanish influence, and is quite catchy. From what comes through the trailers of the film, the picturisation is also quite colourful and fun. The film is releasing July 15.
"All the three actors have really done an amazing job and the song has turned out great," Shankar added.
Apart from looking forward to the official music launch of the movie and getting the listeners` response for it, the trio is hoping to take Bollywood music across the shores to North America through their workshop at IIFA, an annual event organised by Wizcraft International Entertainment.
"We want to communicate to the students and the audience at large about the entire process of music creation in Bollywood as the process is quite different from that in the west," said the singer-composer, popular for songs like `Breathless` and `Jhoom barabar jhoom`.
The workshop, to be held at the Fairmont Royal York Hotel June 25 morning, will open with a brief history of Hindi film music and will be followed by a discussion on the integral role it plays in Bollywood films. It will be an interactive session, which will also see the hit trio use inputs and recommendations from the audience to compose a song during the course of the day.
Shankar feels IIFA is a great platform for promoting Bollywood globally.
"It`s great to see Indian cinema go global on so many different levels and be appreciated. We do look forward to the weekend celebrating with our fraternity and meeting all our fans. The IIFA weekend (June 23-25) is always packed with fun," he said.
While the trio has been nominated for the best music direction for the song `Sajdaa` from `My Name Is Khan`, Shankar is competing for the best playback male singer award for his rendition of `Uff teri adaa` from `Karthik Calling Karthik`. They hope they can take home the awards.
"Awards mean a lot! It`s great to have your work recognized and appreciated," he said.
Shankar, who now also owns an online music academy and imparts education on the basics of Indian music to foreigners through it, is also in talks with the organisers to put up a stall and display some brochures of his academy to spread awareness to students in Toronto.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Sadh to play footballer in Mohit Jha's directorial debut
- Check out: Longer version of Anushka, Priyanka's 'Girls Like To Swing' from 'Dil Dhadakne Do'!
- Watch: Peppy 'Happy Birthday' song from 'ABCD2'!
- Arjun Kapoor, Ranveer Singh gear up for IIFA 2015
- Katy Perry doesn't want to talk about ex-husband Russell Brand
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' concept art reveals all-new costumes
- 'Gilmore Girls' reunion on the cards?
- 'Agent Carter' season 2 will consist of 10 episodes: Atwell
- Melody Gardot eager for album release
- Dave Grohl joins Paul McCartney on stage
- 'Britain's Got Talent' is not fixed: Amanda Holden
- Arjun Kapoor, Ranveer Singh gear up for IIFA 2015
- B.B. King death to be investigated as homicide
- Ranveer Singh goes gaga over Anushka Sharma!
- Shahid Kapoor reaches the 6 million mark on Twitter!
- Bombay High Court likely to hear Salman Khan's travel plea on Tuesday
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita Khan's wedding reception in Mandi
- Salman Khan arrives in Himachal Pradesh to attend Arpita's wedding reception
- Kim Kardashian shares candid images on first anniversary with Kanye
- I'm not retiring from acting: Patrick Dempsey
- Akshay Kumar looks dapper in first selfie, poses shirtless
- Simon Cowell sued by former 'The X Factor' contestant
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM