Abida Parveen suffers heart attack
Lahore: Legendary Sufi singer Abida Parveen was admitted to the ICU after she suffered a heart attack. She is now out of danger, doctors confirmed Sunday.
The 56-year-old was admitted Saturday night at the Doctors Hospital in Lahore. She dunderwent an angioplasty and is under observation for 24 hours, reported Geo TV online.
Doctors have revealed that the singer would have to stay in the hospital for at least five days.
Abida, who is a singer of Sindhi descent, sings mainly ghazals and Urdu love songs. But her forte is Kafis, a solo genre accompanied by percussion and harmonium, using a repertoire of songs by Sufi poets.
Known for songs like "Duma dum mast qalandar", "Tere Ishq nachaya" and "Ho jamalo", the singer croons in various languages - Urdu, Sindhi, Seraiki, Punjabi and Persian. Her last album "Rukh-e-Murshid", a tribute to her spiritual master Murshid Sahibzada Muhammad Najeeb Sultan, released last year.
She has millions of fans in India and had recently visited the capital for a concert.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Official Prince tribute concert set for October in Minnesota
- Tabla maestro Pt Lacchu Maharaj dies in Varanasi
- Beyonce to perform at MTV Video Music Awards 2016?
- Watch: Tiger Shroff - Jacqueline Fernandez’s fairytale romance in visually captivating song ‘Toota Jo Kabhi Tara’ from ‘A Flying Jatt’
- Taylor Swift snubbed at MTV Video Music Awards nominations!