Abida Parveen suffers heart attack
Lahore: Legendary Sufi singer Abida Parveen was admitted to the ICU after she suffered a heart attack. She is now out of danger, doctors confirmed Sunday.
The 56-year-old was admitted Saturday night at the Doctors Hospital in Lahore. She dunderwent an angioplasty and is under observation for 24 hours, reported Geo TV online.
Doctors have revealed that the singer would have to stay in the hospital for at least five days.
Abida, who is a singer of Sindhi descent, sings mainly ghazals and Urdu love songs. But her forte is Kafis, a solo genre accompanied by percussion and harmonium, using a repertoire of songs by Sufi poets.
Known for songs like "Duma dum mast qalandar", "Tere Ishq nachaya" and "Ho jamalo", the singer croons in various languages - Urdu, Sindhi, Seraiki, Punjabi and Persian. Her last album "Rukh-e-Murshid", a tribute to her spiritual master Murshid Sahibzada Muhammad Najeeb Sultan, released last year.
She has millions of fans in India and had recently visited the capital for a concert.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Teenagers who feel safe at school get higher grades
- Shatrughan Sinha lauds Sonakshi's devotion to work
- Waarrior Savitri movie review: Ineffective and unimpressive
- Confirmed! Ranveer Singh to play Khilji in 'Padmavati' opposite Deepika Padukone—Deets inside
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra's mushy love in 'Baar Baar Dekho' new still is just so aww!
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali to compose music for 'Padmavati'
- Janmashtami special—Celebrate Krishna's birth with these top 5 Bollywood tracks!
- Shraddha Kapoor sought to judge music reality TV show?
- Wedding SONG of the year 'Nachde Ne Saare' has Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra dance to glory! Watch
- Song alert! 'Besabriyaan' from Sushant Singh Rajput's 'M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story' OUT—Watch