Abida Parveen suffers heart attack
Lahore: Legendary Sufi singer Abida Parveen was admitted to the ICU after she suffered a heart attack. She is now out of danger, doctors confirmed Sunday.
The 56-year-old was admitted Saturday night at the Doctors Hospital in Lahore. She dunderwent an angioplasty and is under observation for 24 hours, reported Geo TV online.
Doctors have revealed that the singer would have to stay in the hospital for at least five days.
Abida, who is a singer of Sindhi descent, sings mainly ghazals and Urdu love songs. But her forte is Kafis, a solo genre accompanied by percussion and harmonium, using a repertoire of songs by Sufi poets.
Known for songs like "Duma dum mast qalandar", "Tere Ishq nachaya" and "Ho jamalo", the singer croons in various languages - Urdu, Sindhi, Seraiki, Punjabi and Persian. Her last album "Rukh-e-Murshid", a tribute to her spiritual master Murshid Sahibzada Muhammad Najeeb Sultan, released last year.
She has millions of fans in India and had recently visited the capital for a concert.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Rustom' trailer out: Bollywood in awe of Akshay Kumar!
- Kriti Sanon has mastered the 'lower-back' workout – This video is a proof!
- Saiyami Kher is fresh as a dewdrop: Shabana Azmi
- Salman Khan 'raped woman' remark: Varun Dhawan's reaction is the most quintessential one!
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show': Sufi musicians Wadali Brothers to grace the show
- Urvashi Rautela gives 'Resham Ka Rumaal' a sexy twist in 'Great Grand Masti' – Watch here
- 'Sultan' Salman Khan lends his majestic voice for the title track, impresses again! – Check out
- Zareen Khan, Ali Fazal to feature in T-Series music video
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma team up with India's first transgender band
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' sans songs? Details inside