Abida Parveen suffers heart attack
Lahore: Legendary Sufi singer Abida Parveen was admitted to the ICU after she suffered a heart attack. She is now out of danger, doctors confirmed Sunday.
The 56-year-old was admitted Saturday night at the Doctors Hospital in Lahore. She dunderwent an angioplasty and is under observation for 24 hours, reported Geo TV online.
Doctors have revealed that the singer would have to stay in the hospital for at least five days.
Abida, who is a singer of Sindhi descent, sings mainly ghazals and Urdu love songs. But her forte is Kafis, a solo genre accompanied by percussion and harmonium, using a repertoire of songs by Sufi poets.
Known for songs like "Duma dum mast qalandar", "Tere Ishq nachaya" and "Ho jamalo", the singer croons in various languages - Urdu, Sindhi, Seraiki, Punjabi and Persian. Her last album "Rukh-e-Murshid", a tribute to her spiritual master Murshid Sahibzada Muhammad Najeeb Sultan, released last year.
She has millions of fans in India and had recently visited the capital for a concert.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shooting for action sequences was intense, says director SS Rajamouli on 'Baahubali'
- Karan Johar was recently compared to Anurag Kashyap! Here's what 'ADHM' director replied
- Here's how Karan Johar conceived the idea of 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'
- Unmissable autumn tips to stylishly dress up toddlers
- Remember 'Style' duo Sharman Joshi, Sahil Khan? This is what they look like now
- Classical musicians are not entertainers: Amjad Ali Khan
- Taylor Swift to perform at Formula One concert!
- Arijit Singh's 'Nashe Si Chadh Gayi' from Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor starrer 'Befikre' will leave you tripping
- 'Enormous market for music in India'
- Shah Rukh Khan is our favourite, says British pop rock band 'The Vamps'