Anup Jalota enjoys western music
Mumbai: Bhajan singer Anup Jalota says he enjoys listening to western music and feels every genre of music being composed today is beautiful.
"Today western music is more popular and this is good. I myself listen to Western music. But we should take care of what kind of music should be played at what time. All sorts of music which are being composed today are good and beautiful," Jalota said on the sidelines of an event here.
He was present at the launch of the spiritual album ‘Parampara’, composed by Vivek Prakash. The uniqueness of the album lies in the fact that all the numbers are sung by children, and Jalota is all for such initiatives.
"Such albums should be released more these days as we have to take today`s generation towards a beautiful tradition. This album will surely help in establishing a good tradition as children are conveying to other kids that such songs should be heard and sung," he said.
Jalota has been conferred with the Padma Shri for his contribution in the field of Indian classical music.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did Mika 'steal' song from Salman Khan?
- Shows going great for 1D after Zayn Malik exit: Styles
- Salman plays down row over use of "Bhar Do Jholi" song in Bajrangi Bhaijaan
- Watch: Salman Khan, Kareena's Eid bonanza in 'Aaj Ki Party' from 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'!
- Amy Winehouse's 'Rehab' was cry for help: Asif Kapadia