Anup Jalota enjoys western music
Mumbai: Bhajan singer Anup Jalota says he enjoys listening to western music and feels every genre of music being composed today is beautiful.
"Today western music is more popular and this is good. I myself listen to Western music. But we should take care of what kind of music should be played at what time. All sorts of music which are being composed today are good and beautiful," Jalota said on the sidelines of an event here.
He was present at the launch of the spiritual album ‘Parampara’, composed by Vivek Prakash. The uniqueness of the album lies in the fact that all the numbers are sung by children, and Jalota is all for such initiatives.
"Such albums should be released more these days as we have to take today`s generation towards a beautiful tradition. This album will surely help in establishing a good tradition as children are conveying to other kids that such songs should be heard and sung," he said.
Jalota has been conferred with the Padma Shri for his contribution in the field of Indian classical music.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Om Puri, wife Nandita opt for judicial separation
- 'Happy Birthday' set for public domain after long feud
- 'Bajirao Mastani': Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone and Sanjay Leela Bhansali's big 'champion' win at Filmfare 2016!
- Boyfriend goals: Ranveer Singh ecstatic with Deepika Padukone's 'xXx' rage!-- See pic
- Sunny Deol's 'Ghayal Once Again' rakes in Rs 26.85 cr!