Anurag Kashyap discovers news music talent for `Queen`
New Delhi: Anurag Kashyap has enhanced and tweaked a folk song by a young Shimla-based composer, whom he discovered, to use it in his upcoming co-production ‘Queen’.
When Kashyap stumbled upon Rupesh Kumar Ram`s song in Shimla a few months ago, he was impressed with what he had created using a folk song ‘Ranjhana’.
"He discussed with Rupesh what they could do with the song. Anurag knew what he wanted for the film and he made it fit the requirements of the movie. Then he presented it to `Queen` music composer, Amit Trivedi, and the director, Vikas Bahl. They both liked it too and eventually decided to include it in the official soundtrack," said a source.
Bahl added: "Anurag has an eye for finding talent in remote corners of the country. Rupesh has created a beautiful track and it adds to one of the most emotional moments of the film. We want to do a lot of work with Rupesh in the future, and we hope to find more such talent."
A Phantom Production, ‘Queen’ stars Kangna Ranaut in a deglamourised role. It revolves around the story of a small-town girl who moves to the big city to realise her dreams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Popularity of ghazals increasing, says Rekha Bhardwaj
- Vidya Balan used to wear jhumkas worth Rs 5
- Trailer out! 'Sunshine Music Tours and Travels' is the road trip every youth needs – Watch here
- Honoured to help create an image for Indian Railways: Ritu Beri
- Taylor Swift snubbed at MTV Video Music Awards nominations!
- Billboard 200 albums chart: Drake's 'Views' remains on top for 11th time
- Will Jennifer Lopez make tunes with Calvin Harris?
- Watch: Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra’s desi swag will make you go crazy!
- Singer Shweta Pandit gets married to Italian beau Ivano Fucci