AR Rahman denied permission to perform near Taj Mahal
New Delhi: Music composer A R Rahman has been denied permission to perform near Taj Mahal in Agra.
Rahman, who was keen to perform one of the songs from his forthcoming flick `Ek Deewana Tha` tomorrow at the heritage site, was denied nod by the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI), which cited the damage done during the shooting of `Mere Brother Ki Dulhan` recently.
"The permission has been denied due to the damages done (earlier). But the music launch will happen at Lawns of Taj Khema, eastern gate of Taj Mahal tomorrow afternoon," sources said.
Directed by Gautam Menon, `Ek Deewana Tha`, is a romantic drama starring Prateik Babbar and Amy Jackson and is slated to release next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistani artistes controversy: MNS workers protest outside Karan Johar’s residence
- '31st October' already a landmark for me: Soha Ali Khan
- MNS effect? Pakistani actor Fawad Khan secretly LEAVES India—Deets inside
- Yoga helps me achieve positive outlook in life: Jacqueline Fernandez
- If banning actors can stop terrorism, government should do it: Varun Dhawan
- Alive Indians band to dedicate performance to Uri attack victims
- Banning artistes gives victory to terrorists: Pakistani musician
- Musical tribute to Jagjit Singh by 'Tum Bin 2' makers
- Watch: Diljit Dosanjh's 'Do You Know' is so addictive you will play it on loop
- Ajay Devgn and Erika Kaar's romance in 'Darkhaast' is pure magic! Watch 'Shivaay' song here