AR Rahman sings `Maahi ve` for `Highway`
Mumbai: AR Rahman, who is behind the soundtrack of Imtiaz Ali`s ‘Highway’, has also sung a song titled ‘Maahi ve’ for it. The filmmaker says he is surprised by how the Oscar winning composer manages to get a pulse of a movie`s soul so well.
"`Maahi ve` is coming more from Rahman sir than from Irshad or me. This is one of the songs that Rahman sir makes and one wonders how does he get the soul of the the story so beautifully," Ali said in a statement.
Written by Irshad Kamil, the soft romantic number ‘Maahi ve’ is picturised on Veera, played by Alia Bhatt, and Mahabir, essayed by Randeep Hooda - two strangers who come close to each other because of the circumstances.
"`Maahi ve` was not a part of the original brief, but I cannot imagine the film or the album of `Highway` without it," added Ali.
‘Maahi ve’ is the second song to be launched from the ‘Highway’ album after ‘Patakha guddi’, which signifies the free spirit of a girl.
‘Highway’, produced by Window Seat Films and presented by Sajid Nadiadwala, will be released worldwide by UTV Motion Pictures Feb 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Half Girlfriend: Shraddha Kapoor's sporty look grabs eyeballs in fresh still – See pic
- Diljit Dosanjh's thank you note to Hindi film industry will melt your heart!
- Sunil Grover still part of 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' faces wrath on social media after fallout with Sunil Grover?
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'
- Vidya Balan's 'Begum Jaan': 'Prem Mein Tohre' by Asha Bhosle highlights Anu Malik's musical brilliance
- Ranveer Singh and Rajkummar Rao jamming the 'Trapped' rap is a bonus for fans!
- Sonakshi Sinha in 'Gulabi 2.0' song from 'Noor' will pep up your boring day!
- Noor: Sonakshi Sinha lets her hair down, teases video of song 'Gulabi 2.0'
- Every film with AR Rahman is special journey, says Mani Ratnam