AR Rahman sings `Maahi ve` for `Highway`
Mumbai: AR Rahman, who is behind the soundtrack of Imtiaz Ali`s ‘Highway’, has also sung a song titled ‘Maahi ve’ for it. The filmmaker says he is surprised by how the Oscar winning composer manages to get a pulse of a movie`s soul so well.
"`Maahi ve` is coming more from Rahman sir than from Irshad or me. This is one of the songs that Rahman sir makes and one wonders how does he get the soul of the the story so beautifully," Ali said in a statement.
Written by Irshad Kamil, the soft romantic number ‘Maahi ve’ is picturised on Veera, played by Alia Bhatt, and Mahabir, essayed by Randeep Hooda - two strangers who come close to each other because of the circumstances.
"`Maahi ve` was not a part of the original brief, but I cannot imagine the film or the album of `Highway` without it," added Ali.
‘Maahi ve’ is the second song to be launched from the ‘Highway’ album after ‘Patakha guddi’, which signifies the free spirit of a girl.
‘Highway’, produced by Window Seat Films and presented by Sajid Nadiadwala, will be released worldwide by UTV Motion Pictures Feb 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shilpa Shetty's son Viaan not allowed to watch TV on weekdays!
- Nagarjuna's son Akhil Akkineni engaged to girlfriend Shriya Bhupal!
- Guess who? THIS superstar launched Vikram Phadnis' debut film
- Can Akshay Kumar play role of Dara Singh on-screen? Here's what he said
- Bigg Boss season 10: Salman Khan blasts Swami Om; Sahil Anand evicted!
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Aamir Khan’s ‘Dangal’ title track out and it’s awesome!
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil Hoon Main' song will make you fall in love all over again!
- Hrithik Roshan's new song 'Kaabil Hoon Main' is soft and soothing!
- Aamir Khan has something to say about ‘Dangal’ title track – Watch