Asha Bhosle wants to groom granddaughter as playback singer
New Delhi: Asha Bhosle says she wants to see her granddaughter become a playback singer like herself and is already in the process of preparing her.
12-year-old Zanai is Bhosle`s son Anand`s daughter and she has already made her singing debut in 2013 film `Mai`, which starred the legendary crooner.
Bhosle also shared the stage with Zanai at a music award show early this year.
"I have done everything I want in life- singing, acting, TV shows, stage shows. I also recently walked the ramp during a fashion show. I think my next target is to groom my grand-daughter as a playback singer.
"She has a very wonderful voice- a mixture of mine and Lata didi. I want to prepare her as a singer myself," Asha said, while attending an event organised by the Young FICCI Ladies Organisation in the capital.
Reflecting on the current scenario in the Hindi film music industry, the 81-year-old singer said she sometimes feels annoyed when she hears outrageous lyrics in songs of today like `Halkat Jawani`, `Munni Badnaam` and `Lungi` among others.
"Item songs have become a fashion now. I think there is a scarcity of good lyricists. I find songs very gibberish. But then there are also songs like `Jab Se Tere Naina` and some by Pakistani singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan," she said.
Bhosle also opened up about the hardships she had to face early in her career when she had to make her way in the film industry through established singers like her sister Lata Mangeshkar, Shamshad Begum, Noor Jehan and Geeta Dutt.
"The challenges that I had to face during my early years were humongous. There were many established singers and it was difficult for me to get into the industry. So, I decided to change my style of singing.
"`Eena Meene Deeka` was the first song I sang trying the new style.. Although the old people criticised me a lot, I had found many fans and that is how it started," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone will NOT attend Cannes Film Festival
- Acne breakout in summer? Follow these simple steps
- Prince George to attend private school that discourages best friends
- Phillauri Day 1 collections: Anushka Sharma's spooky act mints Rs 4 cr!
- Hugh Grant dances to Drake's song in 'Love Actually' short film
- Vidya Balan's 'Begum Jaan': 'Prem Mein Tohre' by Asha Bhosle highlights Anu Malik's musical brilliance
- Ranveer Singh and Rajkummar Rao jamming the 'Trapped' rap is a bonus for fans!
- Sonakshi Sinha in 'Gulabi 2.0' song from 'Noor' will pep up your boring day!
- Noor: Sonakshi Sinha lets her hair down, teases video of song 'Gulabi 2.0'
- Every film with AR Rahman is special journey, says Mani Ratnam