At 67, S.P. Balasubramaniam sounds like 20-year-old, says Shekhar Ravjiani
Mumbai: Veteran S.P. Balasubramaniam has sung the title track of forthcoming film ‘Chennai Express’ and Shekhar Ravjiani of the Vishal-Shekhar duo, the track`s composers, says the singer is 67 but sounds like a 20-year-old.
The decision to get Balasubramaniam was jointly taken by the composers, along with director Rohit Shetty and lead actor Shah Rukh Khan.
"We are big fans (of the singer) since many years. I asked Shah Rukh if we can do this, and he said, `You can`. So we immediately got in touch with his manager in Chennai," Shekhar said here Wednesday at the music launch of the film.
"He is 67 years old, he has sung more than 37,000 songs and he sounds like a 20-year-old. He is unbelievable, one of the best experiences ever to work with a legend," he added.
Directed by Rohit Shetty, "Chennai Express" also features Deepika Padukone. It is releasing Aug 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Motherhood teaches you priorities in life: Farah Khan
- Chetan Bhagat shares a trivia about Shraddha Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor's 'Half Girlfriend'
- Working with Amitabh Bachchan was always on my wish list: Esha Gupta
- 'Dangal' director's next film with Sajid Nadiadwala
- Sidharth Malhotra extends his obsession for pets
- Justin Bieber's India concert: Sale of tickets to go live on February 22
- Fortunate to get good songs: Arijit Singh
- Diljit, Badshah jamming for something new?
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania: Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt enchant us with their beautiful chemistry in ‘Humsafar’
- Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan singing 'Humsafar' song from 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania' is a must watch!