At 67, S.P. Balasubramaniam sounds like 20-year-old, says Shekhar Ravjiani
Mumbai: Veteran S.P. Balasubramaniam has sung the title track of forthcoming film ‘Chennai Express’ and Shekhar Ravjiani of the Vishal-Shekhar duo, the track`s composers, says the singer is 67 but sounds like a 20-year-old.
The decision to get Balasubramaniam was jointly taken by the composers, along with director Rohit Shetty and lead actor Shah Rukh Khan.
"We are big fans (of the singer) since many years. I asked Shah Rukh if we can do this, and he said, `You can`. So we immediately got in touch with his manager in Chennai," Shekhar said here Wednesday at the music launch of the film.
"He is 67 years old, he has sung more than 37,000 songs and he sounds like a 20-year-old. He is unbelievable, one of the best experiences ever to work with a legend," he added.
Directed by Rohit Shetty, "Chennai Express" also features Deepika Padukone. It is releasing Aug 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- You can no longer bully Alia Bhatt - Here's why
- ‘Bride’ Bipasha Basu’s father blesses her in traditional Bengali style – See Pic
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Aditya Pancholi’s reaction on being asked about Adhyayan Suman is shocking
- Baaghi movie review: With hits and misses, Tiger Shroff and Shraddha Kapoor will keep you hooked throughout
- Up close and personal – Get to know Sonam Kapoor better: Here's how
- Watch: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Punjabi swag in 'Tung Luk' from 'Sarbjit' will win your heart
- Ghulam Ali, Pt Jasraj perform on Sankat Mochan Sangeet Samaroh
- Armaan Malik honoured with Dadasaheb Phalke award!
- 'Me and Mrs Jones' singer Billy Paul no more
- Watch: Akshay Kumar, Abhishek Bachchan, Riteish Deshmukh woo the ladies in 'Pyar Ki' song from 'Housefull3'!