Bhupinder, Mitali to perform in memory of Jagjit Singh
New Delhi: Ghazal singer duo Bhupinder and Mitali Singh will perform a tribute concert in memory of late maestro Jagjit Singh on his 72nd birth anniversary Friday.
The concert, "Ek Ehsaas - A Legendary Tribute Concert for Jagjit Singh", will also witness a performance by popular flautist Runo Mazumdar. It will be held at the Shanmukhananda Hall, Sion East, here.
The trio will perform some of their much-loved compilations to pay homage to Jagjit Singh, who died of brain haemorrhage Oct 10, 2011.
At a press conference to announce the concert, husband-wife Bhupinder and Mitali were seen in fun-loving mood at the studio of radio network 92.7 BIG FM studio, which is the official radio partner of the concert.
Mitali was seen reminding her husband about the forthcoming Valentine`s Day and requested for a rose bud on the occasion. She even said how Bhupinder usually forgets Valentine`s Day and her birthday.
With Valentine`s Day round the corner, 92.7 BIG FM has launched a new campaign titled "Phir Pyaar Ho Gaya".
Talking about the concept of love, Bhupinder and Mitali said they don`t believe in celebrating love on a stand alone day.
"Love is not justified or spoken about, but it is a gesture that is felt and understood without words," said the duo in unison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Alive Indians band to dedicate performance to Uri attack victims
- Banning artistes gives victory to terrorists: Pakistani musician
- Musical tribute to Jagjit Singh by 'Tum Bin 2' makers
- Watch: Diljit Dosanjh's 'Do You Know' is so addictive you will play it on loop
- Ajay Devgn and Erika Kaar's romance in 'Darkhaast' is pure magic! Watch 'Shivaay' song here