Classical singer Sushila Rani Patel dead
Mumbai: Renowned classical singer Sushilarani Patel died following a heart attack at her home here Thursday afternoon, a close disciple said. She was 96.
A Sangeet Natak Academy laureate, she was a widow living alone in her Bandra home.
"As she had no close relative, she was cared for mainly by her disciples. She was ailing since some time and suffered a heart attack today (Thursday) and passed away around 1 p.m.," said disciple and singer Ranjana Ramji Iyer.
Among those she has trained are Alvira Khan (sister of actor Salman Khan), Kiran Rao (a former paying guest with her who later became wife of actor Aamir Khan), and sitar maestro Ustad Alim Khan besides many others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's how 'Ahoi Ashtami' is celebrated
- Maharashtra CM assured smooth release of 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil', says Mukesh Bhatt
- Love Day: Pyar Ka Din movie review Tedious and uninspiring
- Ranbir Kapoor - Anushka Sharma - Aishwarya Rai Bachchan vs Salman Khan: TRP battle this weekend
- Where nationalism is concerned, I don't think Bollywood is divided: Ajay Devgn