Classical singer Sushila Rani Patel dead
Mumbai: Renowned classical singer Sushilarani Patel died following a heart attack at her home here Thursday afternoon, a close disciple said. She was 96.
A Sangeet Natak Academy laureate, she was a widow living alone in her Bandra home.
"As she had no close relative, she was cared for mainly by her disciples. She was ailing since some time and suffered a heart attack today (Thursday) and passed away around 1 p.m.," said disciple and singer Ranjana Ramji Iyer.
Among those she has trained are Alvira Khan (sister of actor Salman Khan), Kiran Rao (a former paying guest with her who later became wife of actor Aamir Khan), and sitar maestro Ustad Alim Khan besides many others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Never wrote open letter to PM about Dawood: Sunil Grover
- Have to be obsessive to play a character: Shah Rukh Khan
- Hrithik Roshan judges his films with first copy itself
- Honesty, sincerity behind 'Dangal' worked in its favour: Director Nitesh Tiwari
- Bollywood stars praise Yuvraj Singh's incredible century!