Composer Mithoon against songs that objectify women
Mumbai: Composer Mithoon, known for providing music in films like ‘The Train’ and ‘Bas Ek Pal’, says he does not believe in songs that objectify women as it goes against his religious beliefs.
"My motive is not to create music that is against god. Like, I am a Christian and Jesus Christ had forgiven even a prostitute and gave her respect in front of everyone. Being a devotee of Jesus, if I make songs like `Fevicol se` and `Munni badnaam`, then what is the way I am presenting women?," the 27-year-old said here Friday in an interview.
"Then I would have no right to call myself Christian. That is why I would never make vulgar songs. I don`t like them," he added.
Mithoon believes that noisy dance numbers may be in trend these days, but it is soulful music that lives on through generations.
"I don`t have any problem with `dhoom dhadaka` kind of songs. But that is not my style and personality. `Dhoom dhadaka` lasts just for a few days, but soulful music stays on forever," Mithoon said.
"Many big composers, especially Madan Mohan, never made that kind of a song. But people still remember him. I want to work for the next 30 to 40 years and I do not want to become part of any competition," he added.
Mithoon`s famous songs include ‘Maula mere maula’ and ‘Javeda zindagi’ from the film ‘Anwar’, ‘Woh ajnabee’ and ‘Beete lamhe’ from ‘The Train’ and ‘Dil sambhal jaa zara’ from ‘Murder 2’.
Mithoon had recently composed a few songs for ‘Jism 2’ and ‘Murder 2’. His next project is ‘Aashiqui 2’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Expert detoxification guide for brides-to-be
- Salman Khan thanks Aamir, Shah Rukh for 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' poster release
- 'Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya blaze'
- HC seeks ways to restrain songs promoting drugs and alcohol
- I don't consider myself a star: Priyanka Chopra
- Chrissy Teigen wants to adopt children
- Jason Statham likes to 'get drunk'
- Nicole Scherzinger adjusting to singledom
- 'San Andreas' built to entertain, not traumatise: Director
- Azealia Banks to star in 'Coco'
- Look cool in denim during summer
- Piers Morgan returns to 'America's Got Talent' as guest
- Netflix renews 'Grace And Frankie' for season two
- Zayn Malik may make 'X Factor' comeback as judge
- 'Supergirl' pilot leaks online six months before schedule
- Kapil Sharma celebrates two years of CNWK with ‘ABCD 2’ team
- New York `Mad Men` exhibition extends to September 6
- Newcomer Monica Sehgal gets taste of her popularity
- Ashish Juneja to enter 'Itna Karo Na Mujhe Pyar'
- `New Girl` actor Max Greenfield roped in for `American Horror Story: Hotel`
- 'American Idol' Carrie Underwood thanks show for stardom
- Indian-American first vegetarian contestant on 'MasterChef US'
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mumbai Film City shoot-out: CCTV footage help police arrest assailants
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27