Continue making non-film albums: Hard Kaur
Mumbai: Singer Hard Kaur says even though non-film music has lost its popularity, one should not stop making them.
"I have just released my new album `P.L.A.Y`, which is on Sony Music. So, I am still doing the non-film thing, although I do Bollywood stuff because that`s what pays for our bread and butter. But at the end of the day, we are artists who come from non-film scene. I did `Gillasi` that was a big hit and it was not in a film...," the 33-year-old said here Monday at the Nokia Music Connects 4.
"So, I just kind of hope and request everybody that do go for the non-film stuff. If you have your own album to release, please keep doing your thing," she added.
This is the fourth edition of "Nokia Music Connects", a conference held to showcase and highlight the national and global music industry.
Hard Kaur has sung small portions in film songs like "Talli", "Move your body", "Lucky boy", and "Main tera dhadkan teri".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Hilarious Nawazuddin Siddiqui playing Karachi reporter Chand Nawab!
- Porn ban: Govt might come into bedroom to see how couples are having sex, says Ram Gopal Varma
- 'Masaan', 'Jaanisar' tax free in Uttar Pradesh
- Aanand L Rai to present Swara Bhaskar-starrer
- 'Singh is Bling' trailer to be out with 'Brothers'