Daler Mehndi to perform at Shimla fest
Shimla: Punjabi singer Daler Mehndi will be the star attraction at the five-day annual summer festival of dance and music in this Himachal Pradesh capital, organisers said Wednesday.
"The star attraction in the International Shimla Summer Festival will be Punjabi singer Daler Mehndi, who will perform on the last day of the festival (June 5)," Shimla Deputy Commissioner Dinesh Malhotra, who heads the Shimla Summer Festival Committee, said.
Major events during the festival, which begins June 1, include Miss Shimla beauty pageant and a fashion show on June 4. Punjabi comedian Bhagwant Mann is to perform June 3.
The annual summer festival is being organised here since early 1960s. It has seen performances by the likes of Mohammad Rafi, Hema Malini, Jagjit Singh, Mahendra Kapoor and Suresh Wadkar in the past.
The Himachal Pradesh tourism department is expecting an increase of 25-30 percent in the arrival of tourists during the festival.
"We are expecting a good rush of tourists during the festival," Himachal Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation general manager Yogesh Behl said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Saif Ali Khan confirms daughter Sara Ali Khan’s Bollywood debut
- ‘Diya Aur Baati Hum' sequel to be titled ‘Tu Sooraj Main Saanjh Piyaji'
- Narendra Modi to unveil 112-ft tall face of Lord Shiva idol on Maha Shivaratri
- Richa Chadha collaborates with all-female production in New York
- Grateful to amazing people who made ‘Neerja' happen: Producer
- Fortunate to get good songs: Arijit Singh
- Diljit, Badshah jamming for something new?
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania: Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt enchant us with their beautiful chemistry in ‘Humsafar’
- Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan singing 'Humsafar' song from 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania' is a must watch!
- Bollywood actors who have also inspired us by their singing