Director Mukesh Malik collaborates with Marathi rapper Pradeep Kashikar to create Ganpati rap
The Marathi Ganpati song is available free for download online.
It`s called Ganpati Dance style and thankfully the song has lyrics fit for devotion instead of the Sheila and Munni tracks being played at pandals these days. The new track, released on YouTube is available for download for free for all those who were looking for a fun song to dance to this Ganesh season.
"We took 5 nights to record and 2 weeks to produce the track and we`re glad we could release it in time for the festival," says Marathi film director, Mukesh Malik who contacted Pradeep Kashikar, a rapper from Kolhapur on Facebook.
The collaboration didn`t end there. The final song was produced in a recording studio with a live orchestra of over 25 musicians.
"We even invited street musicians to play the Nashik dhol besides 12 chorus singers, percussionists, flutists, shehnai players etc," he says.
Malik decided to capture on camera the entire recording and it`s up on his website zabraat.com which he says will be a platform to promote artistes like Kashikar who may not have a platform to showcase their talent.
dnaindia.com/ Mahafreed Irani
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Princess India' title: John Abraham to honour the winner of beauty pageant for visually impaired
- Rangoon: Reasons why Shahid Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan and Kangana Ranaut starrer is a MUST WATCH
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui may not do Salman Khan’s ‘Tiger Zinda Hai’ – Here’s why
- Ranganathan Madhavan - Vijay Sethupathi’s ‘Vikram Vedha’ first look poster unveiled - It’s intriguing!
- Akshay Kumar’s ‘Jolly LL.B 2’ slams a century, makes it to Rs 100 crore club!
- Arjun Kapoor – Shraddha Kapoor’s ‘Half Girlfriend’ to create record with 18-minute long song!
- Justin Bieber India Purpose Tour: Varun Dhawan to attend concert
- Akshay Kumar and Raveena Tandon's popular song all set for a reprised version!
- Justin Bieber's India concert: Sale of tickets to go live on February 22
- Fortunate to get good songs: Arijit Singh