Don`t burn out guys, says Jon Bon Jovi
London: After 30 years in the music business, Jon Bon Jovi has seen plenty of bands come and go and he knows all too well the pressure that young stars like One Direction or Justin Bieber endure.
The Bon Jovi frontman, 51, admits he thought about quitting when the band were left burned out by their gruelling schedule, reported Daily Star.
Bieber, 19, recently cancelled a show and was blasted by fans for turning up late to gigs.
"There was a time in the early 1990s when I thought about giving up music. I realised music was a business. Our innocence was changed by the burnout. We`ve seen history repeat itself with so many bands since then. There`s lots I could say to One Direction or Justin Bieber ? to any young band at a crossroads, kids who are not even 20 years old and have the whole world looking at them, and are scared because they don`t know any better.
"But you can`t give them a lecture. They have to learn it their own way and find their own path. The only thing you can tell young guys like that is that it`s going to be ok. And it`s important to tell their managers and promoters that if they really believe in their artists, they`ll give them the chance to rest and to be boys," he said,
Bon Jovi are currently on a mammoth world tour and kick off the UK leg tomorrow playing Manchester`s Etihad Stadium, followed by gigs in Birmingham, Cardiff, Sunderland, Glasgow and the Isle of Wight Festival.
They will then round it off with a huge Hyde Park gig in July.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone will NOT attend Cannes Film Festival
- Acne breakout in summer? Follow these simple steps
- Prince George to attend private school that discourages best friends
- Phillauri Day 1 collections: Anushka Sharma's spooky act mints Rs 4 cr!
- Hugh Grant dances to Drake's song in 'Love Actually' short film
- Vidya Balan's 'Begum Jaan': 'Prem Mein Tohre' by Asha Bhosle highlights Anu Malik's musical brilliance
- Ranveer Singh and Rajkummar Rao jamming the 'Trapped' rap is a bonus for fans!
- Sonakshi Sinha in 'Gulabi 2.0' song from 'Noor' will pep up your boring day!
- Noor: Sonakshi Sinha lets her hair down, teases video of song 'Gulabi 2.0'
- Every film with AR Rahman is special journey, says Mani Ratnam