Don`t burn out guys, says Jon Bon Jovi
London: After 30 years in the music business, Jon Bon Jovi has seen plenty of bands come and go and he knows all too well the pressure that young stars like One Direction or Justin Bieber endure.
The Bon Jovi frontman, 51, admits he thought about quitting when the band were left burned out by their gruelling schedule, reported Daily Star.
Bieber, 19, recently cancelled a show and was blasted by fans for turning up late to gigs.
"There was a time in the early 1990s when I thought about giving up music. I realised music was a business. Our innocence was changed by the burnout. We`ve seen history repeat itself with so many bands since then. There`s lots I could say to One Direction or Justin Bieber ? to any young band at a crossroads, kids who are not even 20 years old and have the whole world looking at them, and are scared because they don`t know any better.
"But you can`t give them a lecture. They have to learn it their own way and find their own path. The only thing you can tell young guys like that is that it`s going to be ok. And it`s important to tell their managers and promoters that if they really believe in their artists, they`ll give them the chance to rest and to be boys," he said,
Bon Jovi are currently on a mammoth world tour and kick off the UK leg tomorrow playing Manchester`s Etihad Stadium, followed by gigs in Birmingham, Cardiff, Sunderland, Glasgow and the Isle of Wight Festival.
They will then round it off with a huge Hyde Park gig in July.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out Katrina Kaif's brand new look in 'Jagga Jasoos'! Pic inside
- This is how Akshay Kumar made his darling daughter Nitara's birthday more special! Pics inside
- B-Town celebs congratulate Sania Mirza on Pan Pacific Open win!
- Amitabh Bachchan's passion is of different level: Anees Bazmee
- Don't think my potential will ever be tapped: Soha Ali Khan
- Watch: Diljit Dosanjh's 'Do You Know' is so addictive you will play it on loop
- Ajay Devgn and Erika Kaar's romance in 'Darkhaast' is pure magic! Watch 'Shivaay' song here
- Palak Muchhal excited to collaborate with Atif Aslam
- Pandit Ravi Shankar's opera to get UK premiere in 2017
- Adele dedicates concert to Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie