Farhan Akhtar to perform live in Goa
Mumbai: Bollywood actor Farhan Akhtar is returning to the live stage after a gap of almost two years to perform for Channel V`s Nokia Indiafest college festival in Goa and the actor filmmaker is looking forward to have a fun time.
"Last time I performed was maybe a year and a half back. It is something that I enjoy doing. I did get invited to perform but because I was working on various films, it was impossible to do that. But now I have a little bit of time and since the inclination has always been there, I want to explore on the musical front a little more," Farhan said.
Akhtar is not new to stage as he performed at various events after the release of his film Rock On! and the actor says he loves the energy and the connect with the audience during such events.
"We are going to chat with the audience and then sing some songs. This is possibly one of the biggest music events that happen in the country so I am looking forward to it. The kind of energy that you exchange with your audience is amazing," says Farhan.
The actor will take to stage with Ehsaan Noorani of the Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy trio. The finale of the 2013 edition of the festival, which takes place on January 18 and 19, will have a host of celebrities participating.
Neha Dhupia and Dino Morea will decide who will be the Campus Diva and Campus Stud, Masaba Gupta will judge the fashion show, Rampage, while `Shaitan` director Bijoy Nambiar will select the best filmmaker.
DJ sensation Yves Larock from Switzerland will also perform during the event.
"After the overwhelming response to last year`s edition of Channel V Indiafest, we had to up the stakes. There has been a huge jump in response and participation from 2011 to 2012 and this time we are expecting an even bigger leap for the festival," said Prem Kamath, channel V`s GM & EVP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tiger Shroff starrer 'A Flying Jatt' sequel on cards?
- Amazon Prime Video India partners with Vishesh Films
- Akshay Kumar's 'Gold' based on India's first olympic medal
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 694: Abhi saves Pragya yet again from getting killed
- I am completely against banning Pakistani actors in India: Dibakar Banerjee
- Classical musicians are not entertainers: Amjad Ali Khan
- Taylor Swift to perform at Formula One concert!
- Arijit Singh's 'Nashe Si Chadh Gayi' from Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor starrer 'Befikre' will leave you tripping
- 'Enormous market for music in India'
- Shah Rukh Khan is our favourite, says British pop rock band 'The Vamps'